Free POS refrigeration compressor

Some dusty POS military surplus "refrigeration compressor" complete with a pulley and control cable (engages pulley, I suppose). There is
some sort of clutch. Looks like it came from a vehicle. If anyone is interested, I can take pictures. If not, it goes into garbage. I think that it will just about fit into a priority mail flat rate box $8.10.
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:53:13 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus29962

Greetings Ig, I've been looking for a clutch/pulley assembly and your description sounds like just the thing. Where do I send the $8.10? Cheers, Eric R Snow

Let me take a picture and post it to make sure that it is what you need. I will also check if it fits into a priority mail box, if I do not do so tonight, remind me please, I will appreciate the reminder.
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:43:39 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus1135

OK Thanks. ERS
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:43:39 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus1135

It fits into a flat rate box, pictures are here
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Freightliner-Refrigerant-Compressor/
Shipping is $8.10 if paid by check or MO, $9 if paid via paypal (due to their fees). The item itself is free. Local pickup is free (west of Chicago).
Eric, let me know if you want it.
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:38:05 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus2718

It looks OK. Does the clutch work? If energized with 12 volts it should grab. Or maybe 24 volts. If it does grab I'll send off the money right away. Thanks, eric

Yes, it is 12v and yes, it works, I checked with my power supply PP-1104B/G. Without voltage, the pulley spins freely, but with 12v, it engages the compressor.
email me at ichudov At algebra DOT com.
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:56:38 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus11477

It's a compressor formerly known as a Borg/Warner York! http://www.ccicompressor.com/index.aspx Same thing you'd use for a car air conditioner, though maybe a larger size for running a reefer unit for a semi-trailer. They run the clutch so they can start the little engine unloaded, then clutch in the compressor as needed.
The R-134 mention on the label tags it as to the type of seals and synthetic oil fill.
Can also be converted for mobile compressed air use, though you have to modify it with a way to check the crankcase oil level and fill it externally. One place that does it is www.onboardair.com
--<< Bruce >>--
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:41:50 GMT, Bruce L Bergman

Sounds like there are some interesting possibilities for Eric now...