FS - anyone want this nice meter for their power generator?

new Weston panel meter, calibrated in "percent of rated current", with scales for 50 cps and 60 cps (that dates it, no?), model 1534, it says
"FSZ" which makes me think that full scale will be 5 amps, it's marked "sealed, do not open, ruggedized", 2.5 inch round meter, total OD with flange is about 3.5 inches, box includes an envelope of mounting hardware. I believe this came off of aircraft ground support equipment. $6 for the meter, I don't think the box will fit in a flat rate envelope, and in the box it weighs a little over a pound, so let's say $5 for shipping.
let me know if you want this (there may be more, I dont' know yet - found a new source of interesting goodies)
--
Bill

to Email me, repair this address and use it:
The 5A current rating suggests that it was meant to be used with a current transformer, not directly on the power line itself. These are round or sometimes square plastic cases with a round central hole and two terminals.
jw
either a current transformer, or a shunt of some kind, I suppose - but all I have is this meter. it is an AC meter - I just tested that fact - it has a red dot on the back, presumably the standard MIL inspector's dot rather than an indicator of the positive terminal. Anyway, 5 amps AC might be useful to measure, and a shunt is just a length of wire

Make a shunt - and calibrate it 5 amps reading 1 amp. Then your meter is 25 amps. Likewise in reverse.
william_b_noble wrote:

-