FS: CNC Mill and 12X36 Lathe

I'm mostly a lurker on this group, but thought someone here might be interested. I'm moving from South Florida to the Hickory area in North Carolina. I have a CNC mill (baby bridgeport 8X36 table) and a 12X36 lathe to either sell or move. Both of these machines are only a few years old, have had very light use (just hobby use) and are in perfect condition. I converted the mill to CNC with a PC control using Mach3 software.

If anyone can offer an inexpensive trip for these tools to NC I would be most appreciative. If not, they are for sale (I will buy new equipment in NC) for a total of $4,700 for both. The mill will come with no tooling. The lathe will come with an 8" three jaw, a 10" four jaw, a steady and follower rest and some other tooling. My email is rgoldner at iname dot com.

Thanks!

Reply to
rgoldner

Something to consider..you may NOT be able to find machines at the other end. A friend of mine moved to Kansas not long ago, sold off his machines, with the same idea you have.

He is now paying nearly double what he sold them for, to have machines shipped to him.

Gunner

Gunner

Reply to
rgoldner

Having done something very similar, I have to agree. I did find a reasonable mill fairly fast. It took me a year and a half to replace my lathe. That was on top of selling my lathe before move at about 3/4 what I thought it should bring.

Steve Ma>Thanks for the comment. I will have to consider the possibility.

Reply to
Steve Smith

You might want to look around the food marts/gas stations, etc. for a paper named "Carolina Trading Post". Looks like a small newspaper with the banner reading "Tradign Post Classifieds". It's generally on a rack of it's own. Claims to cover NC, SC and Costal Georgia. Comes out every Tuesday. Section

77 is "Tools and Machinery".
WEB page is not much use for anything for placing Ads.

You might also try Craig's List on the WEB.

Reply to
keith bowers

yeah, the Hickory area is not replete with such machines. that is a fairly small market area, compared to areas like raleigh. you may have the sort of trouble gunner is talking about.