FS: unknown tailstock

Can't ID this bugger.

Yes. You are helping me make a sale if you can.

So how much commission do you want?

DOC

Buy my junk...

doc

Might be a 8" lathe or 9". Don't see a back side - odd. It would appear then that it might be a wood lathe.

Odd that it might have a holding bolt/nut on the backside.

Mart> Can't ID this bugger.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

what does the bottom look like - if it's smooth, that hints at a small wood lathe - the smaller Atlas metal lathes also used a 1 MT but they were generally painted blue

Reply to
Bill Noble

Here are the three pics:

For some reason I wasn't able to get more than the one "self hosting" pic on my ebay auction.

Tanks, DOC

Reply to
doc

It has a Hardinge-ish look to it. Maybe for one of the older split bed lathes. For example...

Ned Simmons

It is not from any of the Sears-sold lathes - Atlas, or AA

Reply to
RBnDFW

O.K. That looks like one for a jeweler's type lathe. Perhaps for a slightly larger Derbyshire style (size D collets) instead of the WW size. What's the length and width?

If so -- it will have a fairly steep taper at the business end of the tailstock ram, and *should* have (though it may be missing) a drawbar with a handwheel which will live in the center of the wheel with the crank.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Sure looks like a Hardinge, probably from a Cateract (sp?)

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Or a very early Hardinge DL or DV 59. Notice its for a splt bed with tapered sides. Not the upside down sort of V bed currently in use.