Fuel resistant silver paint

I am restoring a piece of equipment that is painted bright silver. I
have used the Rust-Oleum industrial spray that looks great, but is not
fuel resistant. If I spill some gas on the painted tank it quickly
dissolves or stains the paint.
What brand would you all suggest? I'd prefer a spray can but I can
spray liquid paint. Powdercoating is not an option on this machine.
Bob
Reply to
rleonard
An enamel from the tractor supply should work well as far as not dissolving, within reason, but I believe the staining issue is due to the gasoline itself.
John
Reply to
JohnM
wrote: (clip) What brand would you all suggest? I'd prefer a spray can but I can
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I can't name a brand, but I would look for a two-component epoxy. If you can't find silver epoxy, I would try mixing some oil-base silver paint with clear epoxy. Aluminum flakes hide really well, so it shouldn't take very much.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
The R/C-model airplane industry is replete with fuel resistant coatings-now with the expansion of 2 cycle large engines for giant scale R/C, many paints available that are gasoline proof. JR Dweller in the cellar
snipped-for-privacy@c> I am restoring a piece of equipment that is painted bright silver. I
Reply to
JR North
Thanks JR. Excellent suggestion.