Funny end of the story: My new spreader beam plan (visited steel yard)

Here it is! The point _you_ missed. Not even asking for excuse, but starting

4 threads. Do you intend to collect karma-points this way? Or do they count for the troll-award 2006?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Hey, Nick, practically everybody does something like that once in a while. For example, you've probably looked for a way to chase people away from your party, when here is was all along. All you have to do is yell at everybody who doesn't stick to the topics you want to talk about.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'll only yell on those who insist on ignoring the charter. _Our_ charter, not my charter. Iggy begged for my bashing, he gets it. That's all. If he can't stand usenet, it's the wrong place for him. Back to kindergarden. If he thinks he can hide behind his nick-name, he's wrong. If his name is program, he deserves it. If he admits here to stop OT-posting, I'll stop my comments on him and the whole case is forgotten.

There is an interesting fact one should know about Ignoramus (AKA Igor Chudov): He once was a moderator of a news-group*1). Moderator! You know, those who block OT-postings. He also wrote an auto-moderating software*2) and on his site is whining how much he supports his software. And that same creature is OT-posting here and ignoring all hints to the charter? Why is he changing his eMail-address once a week? Why did he switch to a new NNTP-host recently? An NNTP-host that was threatened UDP at least once? How do you call that in good old English?

1)

2)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Our Charter Uber Alles, or something like that?

This is a community of of rebels, Nick. They don't care about no steenking charters. As should be apparent by now, they treat your curmudgeonly remarks as just one more thing to tolerate, in the live-and-let-live style.

Geez, what is this, a S&M newsgroup? I didn't hear him beg for you bashing. You just bashed all on your own.

He seems to be standing it quite well.

I doubt if anyone will care one way or the other, Nick. But something would be missing if we didn't see some smoke and brimstone pouring out from under you name from time to time.

Interesting, I think is the word. But nothing that has any consequence here.

How are things in Suisse? That's the only country in which most people don't wear stays in their collars but they do wear pokers up their asses. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Go for the blue jeans, boots and brown shirt tomorrow.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

When did Igor last OT-post here?

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

here they are

They are well liked by ham radio operators. Very bulletproof old technology, 100% duty cycle, nothing to go bad etc. As you can see, they are not suitable for use "in the backyard" only because of their size (see how they compare with the pallets that they are on).

If I had a big shop, I would keep one.

Ignoramus30925

I couldn't acess that URL but I have a good idea of what it might show. I was watching the lightning show associated with hurricane Hazel from a second floor window in a friend's house near Montreal when a remarkably large bolt of lightening struck a willow tree about twenty feet away. Twenty feet of the trunk (average 20 inches diameter) was turned into a fragmentation grenade. The siding on the house was studded with splinters. It was one hell of a storm! We watched a hydro crew replace/repair a bunch of wire on a pole a block away that had been hit by lightening. After the repairs they packed up and weren't gone more than five minutes when another bolt blew the whole thing to bits - again!

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

If you are trying to 'out-idiot' ig you are winning.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Let me beg your forgiveness for not knowing what you're talking about now. I expect it's your method to segway into another discussion about some other acquisition of surplus. More posts to follow, no doubt.

I also require some additional forgiveness for not memorizing all of your posts, but I believe I recall a dilema of yours concerning a real battery charger with a suspected bad (or missing) selenium rectifier. Not something GD Wmart would sell. When some retail POS from GD Wmart leads to disappointment and/or confusion, turn to eBay. More posts to follow, no doubt.

Putting a full charge into an automotive battery isn't complicated. You may disagree, which wouldn't surprise me. It does require some sense and attention, but little else, and a microprocessor doesn't do it any better. I'll leave it to you, to go to the effort of locating an automotive generator or alternator that has a microprocessor in it. I'm craving to be enlightened about those.

WB metalwork> > > Yeah, no shit

Reply to
Wild Bill

Just a quick look: Dr. Strangelove. Just a few days back.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Would be good enough without the political postings and the other completely OT-stuff.

Rebels get shot sometimes. Their risk. :-) His pity that he is the easiest target.

I politely asked him to stop his OT. He ignored it. I more clearly asked him, he answered that I'm whining. He asked for a different attitude, he gets it.

Because he is so ... what's his name?

Consequence for whom? Consequence for him because of his lack of self-reflecting or consequence for others to categorize him?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

seems to work now

Sounds like a good time to install some lightning protection! Scary stuff. The tree with exploded bark (see above) mostly had bark explode on the side opposite to the house, so no damage to windows etc. It did fry a board on our A/C though (the speed control board)

Ignoramus1405

I agree Chris. Iggy is one of the most interesting posters and I'd hate to see him leave.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

If that was your intent, you just won.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

It wasn't - over.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

I have noticed, in reading this group over some 12+ years, that the unitopic, non OT, people, tend to disappear with time, for instance the guy who liked to use some kind of impact tool to make delicate adjustments. OTOH, a lot of the people with varied interests, tend to hang in there despite all of the CRAP tossed at them. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller