Gerald Miller

Why not just modify the drum of the drier and use the whothe thing??

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Talking with my sweet one today - mentioned I wanted to build two 30x30x20 buildings next to mine when we win it big - she came out and said - oh - and I want one in the back with a greenhouse...

One of the two was to be hers - but now just waiting to become plush!

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gerald Miller wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On 13 Nov 2006 20:33:35 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Jeff Miller" quickly quoth:

Check your local newspapers classified ads. Ours has a FREEBIE section which usually has an old washer or dryer every week. The local scrap metal yard accepts the larger parts, so I've removed motors and compressors from fridges and washers, then scrapped (free) the rest.

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Might be; just might be.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks for all the help! LLoyd and a couple others know my intentions with my rock tumbler. Im planning on buying your book from AFN I just havent got it yet. In your book does it tell how to cast the lead pellets? Thanks again for the help. Jeff

Help preserve fireworks in America. Join The Fireworks Alliance. It's free.

Jeff Miller

thinking of casting some of my scrap lead into ingots in an old tart tin with cavities about an inch diameter by ~3/4 deep. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yep... two methods. One produces "pretty" media at the cost of extra labor. The other makes bad-looking pellets that beat round and smooth after a couple of hours' milling, but they make up REAL fast and easy.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The best shape for his "rock tumbling" application is a "square" radiused cylinder. It offers about the same apparent density in a mass as does spheres, but just a little more surface area; thus, more "rock grinding" per rotation of the milling jar.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh