X - Y servo positioning table

Just found this on the Oregon Surplus EBAY site.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotic-Arm-With-Dual-Motors_W0QQitemZ230051570263QQihZ013QQcategoryZ25328QQcmdZViewItem
It looks very much like the circuit board positioning table from an old Universal Instruments leaded component inserting machine we used to have. We sold the whole machine to a guy in Pittsburg several years ago.
The state calls it a "robotic arm", but it is not.
I have no interest in this other than being a tax payer in the state. Hope someone can build something from it.
Paul