Garage Tips

Do you get a window too?

Reply to
Windell

In my machine shop I got my metal rack first thing to the right inside my main door... Left side cut-off saw... In the middle of the room is a well-caseing 8"pipe from the floor to the roof with an I-beam tram that will swing all the way around the shop.... Anything that comes in the door I can pick up and move anywhere in the shop with this lift... So easy to build and so handy to use...

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Hello Harold, Thanks for the info. Yes we do have an Alganite clay granules product sold by Castrol at £5/20litre bag called MOP. Sold as an oil and grease absorbent. Never used it though. Before these high tech solutions, I just used cement. Just a tad messy. Must give these granules a try. Wonder if vermiculite or perlite would do the same? Regards GeoffH

Reply to
GeoffH

roof with an I-beam tram

Hello Kevin, Now this sound extremely interesting. More details of photos please. Regards GeoffH Norfolk - UK

Reply to
GeoffH

GeoffH wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Clay cat litter, the cheaper the better (fewer clumping addatives and scents). --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

I do it the other way around - I use Oil Dri for kitty litter. Much cheaper than "real" litter. Some generic brand at Auto Zone was $4.99 for 50 lb..

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

"GeoffH @hotmail.com>" Hello Harold,

Hi Geoff,

Wow! Shocking price you have to pay for the product. It's quite inexpensive here.

I think you'll find it works quite well compared to cement, and easier to deal with. The one advantage is it can be used and reused until it is saturated, at which time I discard it. Mean time I sweep it up and place it back in the storage container along with the stuff that hasn't been used yet. It lasts a long time.

I don't think vermiculite or perlite would perform the same way that the clay does. Could be wrong, though. You have to see this stuff work before it makes much sense. It truly has a thirst for oils, and a huge holding capacity.

Why don't you give us your impression if you give it a go?

Regards,

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos