Gear puller for DC cordless drill motor gear?

I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.
I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for pulling small DC motor gears off?
If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like that?
Thanks.
John Doe wrote:

Sure, visit just about any RC vehicle parts site and you will find pullers for small stuff.
--
Steve W.

A short section of heavy wall tubing (round or rectangular) can make up the frame/body of a small puller, by adding a slot at one side, and a tapped hole located 180 degrees from the slot. I've seen small round frames that have a flat cut from the OD where the slot is located to allow the "jaws" (now tapered) to fit behind a gear with very little clearance space behind it.
A locking shaft collar (setscrew type) will make a sturdy frame, and already has a tapped hole.
Add a screw to fit the tapped hole.. bazinga, a small gear puller/miniature screw press.
Filing/grinding the tip of the screw, or better yet, reducing the diameter of it to slightly smaller than the motor shaft size in a lathe, and the gear will pull off almost effortlessly. If the fabricated frame is durable, it may be worthwhile to make more screws with other tip sizes for other purposes.
--
WB

"John Doe" < snipped-for-privacy@usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

In the R/C world, the small gear on the motor shaft is referred to as a pinion. If you search for "pinion puller", you'll get lots of useful information. Here's a picture from one of the hits: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-94582326164583_2180_53538897
It's probably faster to make than to buy.
--
RoRo

Like the nut cracker I made several years ago from a piece of 2" heavy wall tube, drilled and tapped 1/2 - 13 for an extraneous hood pin. Eventually the threads on the hood pin wore out so I substituted a high quality (#5, #8) bolt; it is still in service. much less damage to the kernel. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
? 2011?11?3???? UTC +8??4:45:51?John Doe???

Sell: China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing , manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in sm art kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-tran smission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunic ation and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different s izes. In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partne rs around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.
Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL: http://www.zwgearbox.com/ Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China