GLOAT stapler

I staple A LOT of boxes in my business...
I bought one of these
auction for $50. Then got a small pallet of staple coils like at the
bottom of the page for $17.
I spent about an hour cleaning greasing and oiling. Then did about a hundred
boxes in a few minutes. its in like new condition. Got the unit just in
time, we're doing a semi-load of boxes next week.
I figure I spent a bit less than 1 cent on the dollar for new value. Of
course, I'm the only guy on this NG that would even want one.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
I'm jealous Karl. I make allot of custom boxes to ship my stuff and this stapler would make my job easier. Did you buy two perchance? Steve
Reply to
Up North
How do you use those???
Ignoramus20839
I let the second one go at $160. I was thinking of eBay, etc. The second one was properly described, it may have went on up. The one I got had a poor pic (on line auction) and the wrong description.
I got a 8" buck adjust true chuck at the same auction for $63. All it said was "3 jaw chuck". Also a Renishaw MP9 probe for $105. Like all auctions, some things went nuts. An almost completely empty hout drill index case for $300. Several beat to s$%^ hand tools over new price.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
fold box loosely over post. Push foot peddle, and you get one staple per second while you slide box along post. Pulls box together tight, doesn't cut cardboard. I did another 500 this evening by having a kid hand me a folded box. I stapled faster than he could hand boxes. One downside, I used to pay kids to do boxes. Now its my job. But, like my wife says, we have to pay the help. You work for free.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Had me worried, I thought the topic was "GOAT stapler".
LLB
Reply to
LLBrown
Very late in my father's life he passed down his last jewel of wisdom: "If you don't want to do something, just screw it up good once." I knew this but, it was so out of character coming from him.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Some have all the luck.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Karl Townsend wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Fitty Dolla!!!
Bandit!
(Insert obligatory "You SUCK!!" here)
:-)
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
I think my better half is guilty on this stapler. I tried teaching her, she managed to jam the unit every few minutes.
Of course, I'm even more guilty. We we first got married, we washed dishes together. I didn't do it right and got fired. Same thing happened with cleaning the bathroom, cooking dinner, hanging wallpaper, and painting inside.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
I bought a handheld pneumatic and a lifetime supply of staples for it some years ago at Tandy Surplus. I think I paid $10 for the lot. Works good.
Karl Townsend wrote:
Reply to
Rex
Does she have a sister?
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Is this a bit too dangerous for a kid to operate? Sounds like you still need a kid to hand you boxes but then maybe you ought to give your wife the box handing job. Misery loves company ;)
Wes
Reply to
Wes