GM slashes Chevy Volt prices to spur flagging sales

You are such a strawman meet-me-in-the-parking-lot dumbfuck.

What are you going to suggest next, that

No, 30# roof rack. Pay attention, please..

Reply to
Existential Angst

Crackpot 101: Never waste time trying to communicate manifestos or brain surges to minions. Go straight to the top. E.g. email the Queen of England and Justin Bieber, they're the ones running everything.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

All the easier to build then. What are you still doing here again? Oh yeah, pretending that you have great ideas that those who do something other than talk are too stupid to have thought of.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Hmmm, dats funny.

"Reception" I've read elsewhere that PBS will, as a result, discontinue the good Dr. Bullshit. Kidding, you just keep *racking up* your error/contortionism quotient.

I DID email Bieber. I axed him if he wanted to polish my knob, and write a song about it, mebbe do a video.... in silhouette, iffin he's shy.... LOL Oh, the song: Polishing the AngstKnob, of course. I already wrote the lyrics. Would you like to hear them? I'll bet you'll be humming them for the next year.... lol

No response yet, don't unnerstand why......

Reply to
Existential Angst

Bieber is nutz and surrounds himself with crackpots. But even he has standards. You'd have better luck at Linkedin CadCam Tech. Leaders Rodent Droppings. Not that you'd tolerate "*any* proximity" to a "parasite."

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

True. This proximity to you is trying indeed.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Let's see your patent. What? It was a usenet brain fart that someone "almost" implemented? LOL

Who gives a rats ass what you said or will say? You're competing with crackpots like Bonkers now. The 2000 pound $20k homebuilt 99% Volt was a good start, and the "build it lighter and cheaper with carbon fiber" raised the bar even higher. I suppose the 30 pound roof rack is yet another thing you COULD do if only you weren't so busy here complaining that signing up for twitter is a roadblock to sharing your great ideas with Nissan! As if the complaining was more productive and took less time than signing up!

Here's what you should do next: email VW and tell them that you know how to put 2 extra seats in the XL-1 without raising the weight, AND build it to sell for $20k. Then all you have to do is sit back and wait for the royalty checks to roll in. Don't forget to CC the Queen and Bieber.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

They'd need a new name. With that lump on top, it's not a "Leaf." How about, "Toyota Dung Beetle"?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Along the lines of swappability, mebbe the Leaf (with no genset) could be made "genset ready", and when yer too low on juice to get home, have a gas station (with racks of these gensets of course) plop one on the roof, and off you go.... hopefully on level ground.... LOL

Mebbe Kidding could wangle himself a second career AND get hisself some exercise, humping these gensets on Leaf roofs.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Much much much smarter people than you work at car companies, and they've considered every crackpot idea you've had or ever will have. If those ideas didn't make it to production then it's rational to assume that they were tossed for cause. That is so bloody obvious, but I swear, you will NEVER accept the fact of it. How very Bonkers-like of you to believe that you know the recipe for the perfect secret sauce, that happens to only see the light of day on Usenet, the single most unlikely place that any car maker would think to look. LOL

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

And therein lies EA's dilemma. It's expensive to meet so many design goals properly, but he can't or won't spend the money on a real vehicle when there are so many imaginary ones to choose from.

Weeks ago I gave him a link to a VW EV conversion that met most of his requirements and preferences. It had a flatbed with plenty of room for a genset and a window shaker. And it was only a few grand, which tells me that what he's willing to invest is something less. Talk is even cheaper and that's all he'll spend. If only volume could make up the difference. His market segment is best served by blog sites that earn their creators a penny per click paid by advertisers of diet pills, dating sites, wrinkle prevention cream, etc.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Swinging from GM's dick I are, Swinging from GM's dick I am, My goal is a 360 deg arc, Like the li'l choo-choo, I know I can.

That is so bloody obvious, but

, once again, you rube. Adults are talking. Go back to yer stalking.

Reply to
Existential Angst

No dilemma. OR, better, the same dilemma GM engineers are grappling with, eh? Lessee.... $10K cheaper for Gen 2, bigger batts, lighter weight, smaller genset.... Sound familiar???

Only assholes equate ideas with fantasy. Proly bec yer still addicted to comic books? Hopefully yer mom didn't throw away your Hulk, Spidey, and FF first issues.

Yer right, talk is cheap. Which is why the Merkin Pubic talks with their dollars, and are not buying Volts -- the one li'l detail you omitted in your eulogy of GM's "many design goals met properly".... NOT.

Hey, stupid, the volt is a good car. Just not good enough in the right contexts. But then, you are totally context-oblivious.

The leaf as it is is ALREADY leaving the Volt in the dust -- altho who know for how long, if the Gen 2 volt passes Pubic Muster. But the AngstMobile (Leaf with a shitty li'l backup genset, in case you forgot) would *necessarily* hit an even bigger niche -- price notwithstanding.

So much for YOUR design goals met properly, eh? Lessee, how badly is GM begging to sell Volts now? Oh, $5,000 worth of begging.... LOL Just which one of us is in fantasyland, eh?

Reply to
Existential Angst

How about a rack of these?

You could even keep one in the trunk of the Leaf.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You ought to take that idea to a Leaf forum and see how it plays. You can help sell it by telling participants of your prowess with plumbing flux, and how if you were in charge at Nissan, their cars would be

1300 pounds lighter and plenty cheaper with the carbon fiber and all. Should any naysayers ask you why someone who believes so strongly in his superior intelligence can't afford $199 lease payments, give them a few dozen loads of the old "hangin from Nissan's dick" routine, and use the term ROI repeatedly. Surely you'd be elected pres of the owners' club, and would soon have Carlos Ghosn on speed dial.
Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Dats ackshooly an excellent idea! In fact, it's your ONLY idea since you decided to shift your ejaculatory target practice from your left eye to your right eye.

You

It will!!

Mebbe use arthropodic exoskeleten technology.

Please explain to all how you came by this li'l fact-let.....

give them

"hangin", mebbe, but you still SWING, in giants, from GMs bloated dick.

and

And MOOT for the Volt, since there *is no ROI* over a prius, by virtual definition, since in addition to being 1/2 the price, it ALSO gets much better overall gas mileage for most commutes. LOL

Surely you'd be elected pres of the

Like you have Simpleton Plimpleton on speed dial for a circle-jerk call? Sure.....

Ackshooly, the shitty li'l genset could be an option.... which would in fact determine its incremental value, without interfering with the base premise of an all electric car. Ackshooly, 3 options: The roof rack genset, the trailer genset, and the integrated genset.

And, if Nissan fired all their expatriot GM engineers, they could proly readily figger out a way to make the integrated genset a user-removable option -- for less weight, more luggage, whatever.

And of course the moving planetary gears in a clear box option.... you know, for the Kidding assholes.

Mommy, Mommy, I got the right eye, I got the right eye!!!

Reply to
Existential Angst

... which is why you needed me to suggest it, the same way you needed me to school you on Volt basics. And you might even do it because if there's one thing you're willing to invest in your brain farts, it's more belching.

... save readers wasting time getting to the point of realizing you're an obsessed crackpot.

Obviously you're never going to have a Leaf of your own unless somebody volunteers to pay a dollar for each of your posts. But I don't see why you couldn't ask Leaf owners if one of them would be dumb enough to let you "engineer" a genset option on a volunteer's car. Since you claim you COULD build the entire car, adding on a genset should be a piece of cake, AND take less time than you've already wasted.

Nutz tend to be attracted to other nutz, therefore the first two options could be available if you ever decide to do something other than talk. Post a link to anywhere you discuss it, if you dare.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Listen, I already gave you credit for your ONLY good idea, no need to gloat, OK? Did you get the right eye yet??

the same way you needed

You provided links that to this day you don't understand. Good for me, and, well, sad for you.

And you might even do it because if

Butt more empty locker-room bullshit. Actually, I claimed MOST people on rcm, amc could build a functional electric car. The hardest part is procurement -- heh, fuknAlibaba.... LOL AND, largely non-solid state. Cuz, well, fundamentally, it's just that simple. Not as simple as the milk-crate scooter YOU would build, but simple nevertheless.

Now regarding real-world price: Of course, automakers (and gummint/lobbyists) won't ALLOW shit to be simple -- in part due to assholes such as yourself -- so no matter how functional/serviceable a diy electric would be, it would never see the light of day, not until it's complexified up our asses. Which, of couirse, you cannot understand, being so dizzy from all those pirhouetting giants on GMs dick....

Yeah, yeah, a'ight....

Reply to
Existential Angst

The hardest part is fault tolerance, for when you are whizzing around a corner at 60 in the rain and a corroded connection under a torn rubber boot on the steering wheel / throttle position / brake pedal sensor gets splashed and acts up. Yes, there are two separate sensors, but which one is correct?

Ask Airbus how tricky that can be.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Who needs sensors??

So Jim, YOU could build a Leaf, right? Mebbe yours would have sensors, but mine sure wouldn't. All toggle switches. Sheeit, w/ 4 independent motors, you wouldn't even really need a steering wheel.... lol

Reply to
Existential Angst