Got a sick e mail

Said McCain wrote John Hinckley, who is supposed to get out soon. Told him that Obama was boinking Jodie.

Just what I heard.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I heard it was Hillary that was writing Hincley....

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Good humor is still good humor.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Outside of being impeached if he crosses ethical lines, I do not want any harm to come to him. Assuming he doesn't go full left (doubtfull), a term as CIC could heal a lot of racial tensions.

I hope he doesn't go left like I expect him to go. Maybe he is smart enough to avoid his gut feelings.

Wes

Wes

harm to come to

enough to avoid his

Well, Bush went right when he was elected, which I didn't want. So I just had to put up with the fallout from it. Now I would like to see Obama go left. We need it. If Bush going right got us in this mess doesn't it follow that Obama going left will fix it? The country needs to go left. We just saw what going right does and only the insane liked it.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

How much further left could a guy go than giving three trillion taxpayer dollars to private industry in exchange for bad debt and worthless shares? We have all but nationalized the financial services industry Wes and may well do the same to the domestic automakers.

Are you familiar with the term cognitive dissidence?

Reply to
Dick 'Tater

(...)

Yes I am. No I'm not.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

LMAO, The spell checker on my other box "fixed" my sentence for me without my noticing. Pretty funny.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

All dissidence is cognitive!

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

And can you read well enough figure I was speaking about Obama?

Bush is not bailing out UAW so far. We are not buying the toxic mortgages if the current news is correct.

Wes

Wes

---------------- Good reference and overview.

Given the fanatical devotion to deregulation and obsession with the "free market," by the current administration and one of the major political parties, it should be obvious that "cognitive dissonance" and "incongruence" are at very high levels.

FWIW -- high levels of "cognitive dissonance" and "incongruence" result in high general stress levels, and high stress levels of general stress promote rash actions and bad decisions by individuals. This is frequently catastrophic when these individuals are in positions of power and influence. Let's hope that poobahs taking their lithium and/or v allium.

for more info on incongruence click on

He suggests that the incongruent individual who is always on the defensive and cannot be open to all experiences is not functioning ideally and may even be malfunctioning. They work hard at maintaining/protecting their self concept. Because their lives are not authentic this is a difficult task and they are under constant threat. They deploy defense mechanisms to achieve this. He describes two mechanisms: distortion and denial. Distortion occurs when the individual perceives a threat to their self concept. They distort the perception until it fits their self concept. Denial follows the same process except instead of distorting they deny the threat exists.

This defensive behavior reduces the consciousness of the threat but not the threat itself. And so, as the threats mount, the work of protecting the self concept becomes more difficult and the individual more defensive and rigid in their self structure. If the incongruence is immoderate this process may lead the individual to a state that would typically be described as neurotic (although Rogers himself preferred to avoid labels)(Hjelle & Jiegler 1981[3]). Their functioning becomes precarious and psychologically vulnerable. If the situation worsens it is possible that the defenses cease to function altogether and the individual becomes aware of the incongruence of their situation. Their personality becomes disorganized and bizarre, irrational behaviour, associated with earlier denied aspects of self, may erupt uncontrollably.

---------------

Thus it appears that many of the current US/global socio-economic problems are at least equally the result of individual and organizational psychological problems as overt fiscal problems, even more so in that the fiscal problems, in many cases, are the result of psychological problems, such as compulsive-competative shopping/consumption.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

--------- T.A.R.P. was the old "bait and switch."

****** Paulson Shifts Focus of TARP to Bolster Consumer-Lending Market By John Brinsley and Robert Schmidt Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson plans to use the second half of the $700 billion financial rescue program to help relieve pressures on consumer credit, scrapping an effort to buy devalued mortgage assets.

----- for complete article click on

American Express is now a bank, and is using their credit card receivables to get loans at 1_1/2 % interest from the the FRB to keep the credit card scam going a while longer. If you have a balance with a credit card company, don't look for the interest rate to drop.

------------------ Ahead of the Bell: American Express seeks $3.5B Wednesday November 12, 7:31 am ET

Report: American Express seeking $3.5 billion as part of government bailout program NEW YORK (AP) -- American Express Co. is seeking $3.5 billion in funds under the government's plan to directly invest in financial firms, according to a Wednesday report in The Wall Street Journal citing unnamed sources. Earlier this week, American Express received approval from the Federal Reserve to become a bank holding company, which is a similar structure to traditional commercial banks. The credit card company now has access to financing from the Fed and the ability to grow a large deposit base. The increased funding opportunities through government programs, including the potential $3.5 billion investment, could be a huge boost to American Express as one of its primary sources of funding has nearly disappeared amid the ongoing credit crisis.

----- for the complete article click on

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

It is late, I am not giving this proper consideration since I was on my way to bed but I'm think he, Paulsen, trusts Joe the wage slave to churn the money back though the system more than his Goldman Sachs ringknockers.

Night George,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Yes I could.

"I hope he doesn't go left like I expect him to go."

Do you understand that I don't think anyone could go much farther "left" than Bush has taken us without getting advice from Hugo Chavez?

Yeah, Paulson couldn't figure out how to do it. I mentioned a while back that I'd had a conversation with one of the auction designers and that they couldn't come up with anything that was prudent or equitable. The entire thing would have been a crap shoot.

JC

Reply to
Dick 'Tater

bed but I'm