CO2 and sodium silicate molding

Does my member of this group have experience with CO2 + sodium silicate molding foundry sand? My question is how to best "gassify" the prepared sand after molding. Thanks, David

Reply to
David

This subject was beat to death recently on the castinghobby email list . Several suggestions surfaced , but the winners were to attach a long bigbore hypodermic needle or a ball filling needle to a hose , fed from a regulator at around 3-5 psi . Insert gently and let'er flow . Also suggested were the small cartriges that are used for CO2 pistols and tire inflators , but there were some problems with regulating the flow .

Reply to
Terry Coombs