grade G tangtung

Anyone know of a source for tangtung in 5/16x 5/16x3 ? my supplier has dried up and am in need of alternitive source or another tooling material that will hold up on 416 stainless. Carbide inserts are an option but only if I can get them formed to cut a radius. any help would be appreciated ,thanks. dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave- getting carbide tools ground to form a radius is no problem. What radius are you looking for? Probably, an insert is already made with that radius on it. Some inserts are also round. Try MSCDIRECT.com. Or jlindustrial.com. Also, MSC will custom grind inserts for you. You send them a fax with a drawing, quantity, and material and they will respond with a price and delivery. Look in the phone book for tool grinders. They can take your inserts and grind them to your specs. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

search keyword is "tantung". Helps if you get the name spelled right. VR/Wesson is the mfg.

stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer

Thanks eric ,MSC was just the ticket. My supplier was telling me a line of crap about vr wesson going under and they couldn't buy this from them. thanks again for your help.

Reply to
Dave