Gunner

Hi Gunner, I wonder if you can answer my questions, how many states were they in the south during the American Civil War also can you or anyone else remember a kids comic about 1950 about a load of college kids who used to fit Chevy engines etc and fit them into Fords, different springs and gearboxes etc for maximum performance. Kindest regards Rotty. UK

Reply to
Rotty

There were 11 Confederate states. Some Union States were in the "South" by boundary definition.

There were three Border States. which actually belonged to neither..sort of a No Mans Land..but got ravaged anyways. Virginia was split, parts Union, Parts Confederacy. Hence we have West Virginia today.

This might help also, its quite informative

As to the other thing..Im not much on automotive stuff, so cannot help. Though I do know who the Katzenjammer Kids were.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Hi Gunner, Many thanks for the info you sent also the two URLs, most informative. Kindest regards. Rotty

Reply to
Rotty

My pleasure.

The American Civil war is one of the most intensely studied military "engagements" in history. Quite fascinating, much of it.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner