Hairy Machines

ouch ouch ouch no piano playing from then on WAITER!ANOTHER!

wws

Reply to
wws

Many folks in a shop throw UP when they see something like that

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development, life is about to become a hell, or may be one already, are guilty, at least, of sloppy pronouncements. On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study of the arms race gave him "a deeper appreciation for the most horrifying fact in all our lives: civilization is now capable of destroying itself." In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card. And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens, who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine." -- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.

Gunner

Just goes to show you you never know the heart of someone until the heat is on. My personal experience was that after becomming a Christian I stopped cussing, and yes I surely used to cuss a *lot*. But I really didn't impress myself, although others were already impressed, until the day I smacked my thumb with a hammer big time. I was surprised that I not only didn't cuss but I didn't even want to cuss :^).

There are those who only have an intellectual assent to what is right and wrong, but who remain the same in their hearts. These folks will appear as good but will always struggle with the desire to do wrong and when the pressure is on will trip up and violate their conscience. As the Bible says, knowledge of the law of righteousness cannot save one from unrighteousness.

Then there are those who not only agree that the law of righteousness is right but also have had their hearts changed. Since their hearts have been changed they no longer struggle with wrong desires, because they no longer have them.

I suspect your co-worker is the former and didn't return to work because his true heart was revealed and his pride wouldn't allow him to be seen for what he really was. I think to what ever degree and in one area or another we are all like that. And if we are humble enough to realize this about ourselves we will find that our desire is to help others to be faithful to their conscience and offer acceptance and soothing words when their true selves have been revealed.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

That's a be-yoo-ti-ful sentiment to express about the guy, but chances are he just didn't want to be in the same shop where he was suing the company.

:)

Jim

jim rozen

Did you like it :^)? My favorite part was about the contrast between confession and true heart condition.

It's if he was, not was, suing the company :^). My guess is that was just a rumor, but you never know.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

I don't know about 98% but a lot of trouble sure is. Never could figure out how it is wrong to kill unless you disagree with the people you are killing. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow