Hammer-Drill Technique?

I have the relatively inexpensive Hilti TM7S-VSR hammer drill and even though it is a hammer drill and not a rotary hammer it does a really good job even with 2" core bits.

Last I knew the Hilti rotary hammers took regular SDS bits like everyone else.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Doug White wrote On 11/26/05 19:03,:

I was doing the same job the other day. Sometimes the holes got real slow, so I changed to a smaller drill, and drilled a pilot hole first, then the big drill had no problem.

Reply to
Scott Moore

I think I actually used a drill as a hammer a few times. I believe it was Thor brand

Reply to
daniel peterman

Was this the old Thor with the huge rubber band hammering mechanism? Actually quite effective for its vintage. I don't know what one would do if you wore out the rubber band.

DanG