Harbor freight tool alert

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times. It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it with me when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some holes in vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in car dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes this compact little kit cannot be beat.

My $ 0.02

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I agree that for occasional holes of approximate size these are good. However, the saw cup takes some real fiddling with to get it even close to concentric with the drill bit, Otherwise you will get a hole that is larger than the stated diameter. Art

Reply to
Artemus

I picked up a set of those a couple of years ago, they go on sale for that price every month or two around here. They are okay for wood, even used one in 1/2" hardiboard for shower fixture holes. Haven't used them in metal, but I wouldn't expect them to last more than a millisecond for that application.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Jon Danniken" on Thu, 8 Jul

2010 18:04:44 -0700 typed >>

at that price, but two, and have spares.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Pathetic piece of scumbag spam

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

news.astraweb.com!border5.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.glorb.com!news2.glorb.com!feeder.erje.net!eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

reply-type=original

posting-host="1iiI3mj5qg/zmAhw7QSvDQ"; logging-data="32698"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18QnA9h2OjCoE9liExJjvKR"

John Doe

trust me - the poster that thought they might last a millisecond in metal was optimistic - when I tried it (on a piece of sheet stainless), there was no cutting at all, just a glowing ring of metal where the saw blades used to be and a mushroom shaped drill bit remnant in the center and only a slight discoloration on the stainless from the heating - a real brand name (hilti?) hole saw cut the stainless perfectly

Reply to
Bill Noble

How so?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

My guess is that these hole saws are made of mild steel.

Ignoramus6355

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:08:26 -0700, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote the following:

Yeah, they're great^H^H^H^Hood enough on wood and plastic.

I keep mine in the truck for special circumstances. But I had to buy a real (deWally) bimetal bit for doing a lockset in a steel-clad door last Winter. Have you (or anyone) used one of the HF bimetal sets? I didn't even know they made them until today.

Larry Jaques