Hard Rubber Mold? Any Ideas?

I have a friend that is making pouring lead peices and has a need to build his own custom molds to do this with. He has had one made for him that is made out of hard rubber (like a tire) its 2 peices. He was told that its a special kind of rubber and u take the part you want to make and force the two peices together for a set amount of time , then you take apart and cut pouring holes to pour the lead through. Any ideas of the materials to do this with and instructions? Or any other ideas to do this with. Making fishing lures.

Reply to
pagerton

Most people use the two part RTVs (silicone) from GE or Dow.

Reply to
tomcas

Flexane by Devcon is a pretty stiff rubbery two part mix. Works great for making molds.

Reply to
carl mciver

Reply to
David Billington

I really appreciat all the help and any more ideas are welcome. I am researching the products that have been listed so far. Would Flexane by Devcon hold up to the heat of pouring lead?

Reply to
pagerton

Reply to
David Billington