HF 7" Variable Speed Polisher Sander

Does anyone have the Harbor Freight 7" variable speed sander/polisher? It's item #46507. I'm trying to confirm if it is an orbital sander or
not. I downloaded the manual, it doesn't say and the diagram looks like it is a straight drive and will cause swirls on the metal I need to buff. It's on sale for only $29.99 right now.
At any rate, they do have a 10" polisher/waxer that they do advertise as orbital for the same price. Knowing the way HF prices things, the 10" unit is probably not as rugged as the 7". I'm also aware they don't stack up to name brands, but I don't need the finest gear for what I little buffing I do on cars, parts, etc.
I've had mixed luck getting correct answers from Harbor Freight's "tech support" group, so I decided to post to the newsgroup.
--George

looks like a non-random orbit machine to me. that is, a variable speed motor directly (through gears) driving the disk.
On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:33:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

I agree based on the diagram. I'll most likely go with the 10" unit.