HF grinder wheels

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences with them?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I haven't tried them, but I've mostly switched off of the hard wheels in favor of flap disks.

Reply to
Pete C.

The Russian ones I tried work.

Ignoramus20711

Ayup. They are not bad. They dont last quite as long as those 2x the price..but they are the best deal Ive found, except for buying bulk off Ebay..and even then they are pretty close.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Aye, for a buck a disk I figure as long as they don't turn into shrapnel it's a good deal.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Ruski ones, eh? The ones I picked are stamped Taiwan.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

On the mini lathe yahoo group there is someone raving about the grinding wheels from ABTEC .

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

I don't use HF discs but here is a place that is cheap and good.

started buying from them on eBay and order direct now. Steve

Reply to
Up North

Hey thanks for that, Steve. They've got some good stuff at very good prices. I might have to put an order together.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:53:31 -0700, "Jon Danniken" wrote the following:

I've worn out a couple and neither threw stuff. They wore slowly, lasting much longer than I expected, too. Definitely worth the price.

I've had the little 45430s (1/16" thick cutoff wheels) blow when I caught an edge, but even that was just a spray of dust and small pieces. No blood.

-- You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless, and the honest desire to help other people, will, in the quickest and delicatest ways, improve yourself. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques