HF lets me done

You better hurry, before they are all gon...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You better hurry, before they are all gon...

I have to repent every couple of years. I use a good quality oil base pent, but the building is close to the street and the water splashed up by cars beats the hell out of the pent.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

When I did that in the hospital's recovery room, she tweaked my private parts with her thumb and middle finger. That let the air out in a hurry, lemme tell ya. It probably hurt as bad as a walker accident, but my nurse was YOUNG.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mine was 12 when we met and I went to her capping ceremony, after we graduated from high school.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Would they let you into the penthouse?

Or the Penatgon? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have to repent every couple of years. I use a good quality oil base pent, but the building is close to the street and the water splashed up by cars beats the hell out of the pent.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Who said, "I'll do the thinnin' round here!"

Quick-Draw MacGraw

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You mean Queeks Draw? (His pronunciation ;) Yeah, I remember him.

- I couldn't go to school with a good attitude until I watched Deputy Dawg on my robotic-looking Philco TV in the morning.

Larry Jaques

That was Baba- Looey's pronunciation.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Not quite, and it wasn't El-Kabong's either!

The Predicta. One of the worst TVs ever built. A lot of people try to restore those.

I remember running those cartoons at the TV station at Ft. greely, and watching them on the waveform monitor. Some of those line drawing were so simple, you could see them in the waveform. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh I like this one!!!

Gunner Asch

The "Meteor" model is fascinating!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Unless you have to repair the ugly beasts. I'm glad vacuum tubes are museum pieces these days.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That would be way cool with a flat screen on it though!! Maybe a fm/am/computer/wifi link stereo and DVD player built into the base and a vcr? Interesting retro conversion dontcha think? Swivel head and all. Some matching Wifi speakers..or carrier current remote speakers....

Im gonna ponder on that...be a fairly simple build....thanks!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

We had it for many years without any problems. The big color TV was in the living room and we watched all the Disney movies there. Man, the color was sooooooooooo bad back in the Sixties...

Cool.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, it was someone else on his show who called him that.

Yabbut, it's so cool looking, innit?

I think ours was a Princess, but it had dual pivots. I used to watch it from the floor and moved the tube down to point at me. The knobs on the front right look familiar. Yeah, the Meteor was ahead of its time, spacewise.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I hear that Russia is the only source for new vacuum tubes nowadays, but that they're well made there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's a bloody wannabe!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:30:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Years ago it was the fad to have a box like the old hand cranked telephone, with the guts replaced with a pushbutton phone. I thought then "It would be cool to have some sort of voice activate system, so it would appear to work like in the old days." As in - hold the earpiece and talk into the mouthpiece "Hello Mable, Put me through to George." Of course, nowadays, it would be a hack of a decent cell phone to get the guts, but ...t hat would be so cool.

pyotr filipivich

HAve you seen any of them? Lots of complaints about build quality, and looking like they were made first thing Monday morning, after a weekend on Vodka. Some are made in China, as well. Richardson Electronics still supplies transmitting tubes. They bought Eimac, and other high end US tube manufacturers as they were dying off. Would you trust a Russian clone of a 4CX1500?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell