4x6 bandsaw link?

A guy was asking me today about my little 4x6 bandsaw FAQ. I have a link in it which has gone dead, which link is (or was?):

That page was done by someone who called himself "Wild Bill".

Does anyone know where that page moved to, or did anyone happen to archive it? If the latter, please email me offline so I can work with you to get my link working again, it was a real good reference.

Even though I haven't owned a 4x6 saw for several years now, I still have a lot of fun corresponding with guys who do. Those saws have to be still one of the best deals going for a home metalworking shop.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Not just the home shop, Grant--good number of pro's have one of these tucked in a corner somewhere, proly next to the prototype guy!

This, and mebbe a Crapsman cheapie chop saw ($66 was the lowest I saw--better at HF?), w/ an abrasive wheel, and you got Saw Heaven. I wonder if HF carries these 4x6 saws. Note that diff versions of these saws (same price--$199?) have differing quality, it seems. Or mebbe just a diff. paint job?? :) An acquaintance had one from MSC, seemed much better than mine (origins unknown). Kudos to yer FAQ.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

No idea where the Wild Bill page went, but these are pretty good sites:

Regards, Greg

Reply to
gb6491

Reply to
David Billington

Yep...HF still carries them. I just bought one. I was shopping around for a 4x6 and found the HF for $199. I was still shopping around so I didn't order it at that time. I finally decided to order the HF one and when I went back to the site, the price had dropped to $169! The best deal was that shipping was $8.99! I got it a week or so ago, but it is still boxed up waiting for me to put it together. Had to get a place in the basement cleaned out for it. Tomorrow I am getting it set up. Mike

Reply to
mj

there's a yahoo discussion group too...

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

Reply to
wayne mak

I got mine from Enco few years ago, also for $169. And Enco has free shipping for their "special" customers, like just about everyone who can read. Don't know if they have theirs at $169 still, but just keep track of the sales.

The > Yep...HF still carries them. I just bought one. I was shopping around

Reply to
Marc

The original was made by Wilton and sold for around $800 25 years ago.

Reply to
Richard W.

Reply to
wayne mak

In the U.S.A.

Reply to
Richard W.

Try the Way-Back machine at the Internet Archive.

I just tried it and it came up fine. An amazing resource.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler