HF Multipurpose Sharpener - drills?

Harbor Freight has a new Multipurpose Sharpener - which 'should' be useful for drills? SKU 99823 currently $39.99

I have seen other gadgets for twice that - that did not work. Looking at the manual one can not tell if this may actually is even likely to work.

Any experience or opinions? What may actually work for drills? For 50 years I just bought new ones when I was unable to 'hand sharpen' the old ones.

Mike

Reply to
nomail

drills? =EF=BF=BDFor 50

Mike

I looked at the manual ONLINE. Not very impressive. Maybe I will remember to stop at HF tomorrow and look at one if they have it in stock.

I am not very hopeful since I can still sharpen drills the old way the first time. Not sure where I got the skill to do this. My Father could still do it at 85 so I have a ways to go.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

My Dad bought one. He said the third one worked, but i think the angles are a bit off.

Reply to
Stupendous Man