One day left in Dow Jones prediction contest

Predictions, entered around January, are as follows:
SteveB: 5,000
Ignoramus: 8,000
Jon Anderson: 5,500
steamer: (no valid entry)
Wes: 9,000
ben91932: 10,300
Winston @ bigbrother.net: 5,750
Steve WalkerFusion640 @ verizonwallet.com: 7,450
The winner is the person whose prediction is closes to the Dow Jones
at closing of July 1.
There is one day remaining.
Ignoramus12074
Congratulations, Iggy (or Wes)!
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
Well, I think you are going to win.

Wes
Wes
Btw, how much will I have to send via paypal for you to recieve the full bet amount?
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Well, weird things happened, even relatively recently, such as the Dow falling by around 10% in a single day.
Ignoramus12074
Nothing is a given... We'll see tomorrow... You have an almost equal chance of winning.
Ignoramus12074
Or I have to send to you, but the amount was $5 per person. We are running almost nose to nose.
Ignoramus12074
You guys are gentlemen, no need for paypal. Gotta tellya I'm pleased to see gentlemanly interactions on this group. Either of you gentlemen could, would and should trust the other to drop a sawbuck in an envelope as appropos.
Reply to
Don Foreman
paypal is easier.
I actually had a letter with cash stolen once, although it was international. According to investigation, it supposedly disappeared in transit in Chicago.
I guess, five bucks in the mail is fine, but I would not mail much more than that.
Ignoramus22717
Down to the wire now...
15:35pm EST... Dow is 8516.83...
Ignoramus22717
Looks like Wes is the lucky winner!
(unless I am missing something big).
How can we pay you?
Ignoramus22717
What a squeeker 8,504.06. I saw I had a chance at 3ET but I figured I'd be out of luck by 4ET.
Send an email to snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com and I'll give you a mailing address or a email address tied to paypal. Paypal works for me.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
out of luck by
That was close!
emailed
email address
Reply to
Ignoramus22717
out of luck by
Responded.
Reply to
Wes
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 17:03:07 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:
out of luck by
Congratulations, Wes.
So, have you notified Obama's IRS about your vast winnings yet?
-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon
Reply to
Larry Jaques
out of luck by
You mean they are not tracking me already? Damn, I got to try harder. Maybe I'll buy a membership to Heritage with the winnings. That should get me noticed. Likely more visible than joining CATO. Just checked, CATO is pricey, Heritage is more reasonable.
Anyway, I can read or listen to each one of those organizations with out vomiting.
Since not everyone reads the group daily, I'm sure there is more coming in when they get around to it.
I've made 10 bucks so far and another person just asked where to send it.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
What a difference a day makes. 8,280.74
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Yep... a day early and $5 short...
Ignoramus31617
On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:46:00 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:
be out of luck by
I think there were five people on the list Ig put up, so you have another whopping ten bucks coming, ya Richie.
-- Only the curious will learn and only the resolute overcome the obstacles to learning. The quest quotient has always excited me more than the intelligence quotient. -- Eugene S. Wilson
Reply to
Larry Jaques