HF tubing roller

I've been meaning to build a tubing roller for some time, but just never got around to it. And the big problem of the rollers: expensive stock & tricky to turn. But HF now has one for $180:

It has rollers for 1/2", 1", and 1-1/4" tubing, according to the catalog. Or 1", 1 1/2", & 2" according to the manual.

Whadda' think?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I've emailed HF Technical Support about the sizes. I'll post when I hear. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Just in: "COMES WITH 1/2", 1" AND 1-1/4" ROLLERS". I.e., the catalog listing is right & the manual wrong. I wonder how confident one can be with this answer? 'Though I suppose the manual could be a re-use of one for a 1, 1-1/2, 2" tubing roller.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I had an idea: HF sells parts for their tools & the tubing roller manual has the part numbers. I could just buy the rollers & make my own bender, if the cost of the rollers was reasonable. I emailed them for the prices & got this response: "The parts you are inquiring about will need to be special ordered. We do not have pricing or availability at this time. I will be happy to place a parts order for you and when pricing is available you will be mailed a card, to advise you of the price. At that time, you can decide if you would like us to order the part for you from our vendor. ... Please be advised, that special order parts take approximately 6 to 8 weeks for delivery."

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt