Hickeys

Sci-fi & Comedy. I like his writing style.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

More than the empty space between their ears? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 21 Nov 2016

17:39:43 -0500 typed >>

Fnord - the Bozoids have been here.

pyotr filipivich

Goodness! As well as robbing storage suites he actually reads a book. A real multi tasking individual is here before us.

Or perhaps just a liar?

Perhaps he could start a web site, "What I did at that the junk yard today", or maybe, "Lies I told today".

Reply to
nThe Mighty Ant

That's the thing- if you do any work they can you're essentially breaking the union, and that's a big deal.

The most fascinating union only type job here in Chicago is the freight elevator operator in high rise buildings. It's usually a guy with a stick that presses buttons for you, from the comfort of his chair. since you're not allowed to, because it's a union building and elevator. Some even have complete offices with desks and radios and TV setup in the elevator. If they're out to lunch or on break, everybody just has to wait. These jobs seem to be going away as these guys retire though.

Originally the old elevators didn't automatically stop on each floor and the operator ran some sort of crank that looked like it was taken from a train. I last saw one of those in operation about 10 years ago, but hey, you can't eliminate a job once those fancy buttons get installed.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader