hiring someone to sell equipment

Transient Ischemic Attack, or mini-stroke.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If I had it to do all over again I would have gone with Osborn but the Canadians offered more...it seemed at the time. I had to fight tooth and nail with them to pay the taxes and utility bills and such on time as we did toll manufacturing for them for 7 months.

Never again!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Common sense, general attitude towards humanity, and fairness would all suggest that Canadian buyers are just like any other buyers.

This is the attitude that I ignorantly started off with on ebay, 15 years ago.

That attitude was SHATTERED to bits after a few bad experiences (and zero good experiences).

I kept on selling to Canadians because, I thought, that was a fluke, could not be anything but a fluke.

But it was not a fluke, and the nonsense, nonpayments, inane requests, personality trips, false disputes, and such, continued unabated.

To this date, I do not understand what could possibly be the cause.

Ignoramus24995

Thank you

Reply to
Ignoramus24995

Simple answer: manic frugality.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

You must have been dealing with the wrong Canadians.

I've delt with some of the "wrong" americans too.

I don't paint( or tar) you guys all with the same brush.

Reply to
clare

I knew I NEVER should have sold the factory on ebay!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Of course not, All the Canadian customers were great! Really, I only had issues with 2 people and it will get settled the right way.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Did you mail it to them, in a flat rate box? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Transient Ischemic Attack - AKA mini-stroke. Basically a short term stroke that goes away on it's own. BUT it's also a warning that you need to get checked out because you are at a VERY high risk of a stroke.

Reply to
Steve W.

Awshitcerealeverywhere...

Nappy Hoo Year, All Y'All.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I posted a message about it.

Out of 12 or so experiences selling to Canada, 10 were bad experiences.

I really do not understand how that could be the case, it makes no sense. But it was bad enough that I decided against further testing this question.

Ignoramus18273

That sounds like my experiences with the IXOYE fish symbol on their business cards. I've only been screwed out of money 3 times, and every single one of those futher muckers had the fishy symbol on their cards. I refuse to do business with those who do, and I tell them why.

Grok that. 3 was my limit.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Whp are the people that have this fish symbol?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Supposed Christians.

Larry Jaques

I got screwed by a guy a I considered a mate, he and his dad claimed a piece of mechanical design I did as their own and took it to market, a good seller too so they or at least the son has made loads from it. Both professed to be practising Christians and displayed that fish sign. I'm somewhat more wary these days.

Reply to
David Billington

This has been my experience as well.

Ignoramus18273

I don't advertise my Christianity to advance my business. I do my best to do things the way I would want them done, to treat others as I would want to be treated, and if someone notices and asks why I do things the way I do them, even if I could make more money doing things differently - i tell them.

Reply to
clare

Ayup.

Kudos. Actions speak much more loudly than words. I know some very devout people whom I can call friends _because_ they don't push it.

Alas, too many religious people don't realize that folks can live

-without- organized religion but still be solid, upright citizens. AAMOF, I know more good spiritual-but-not-religious people than I do regular churchgoers.

To me, there are few things worse than unsought evangelicals. I just had to put up a sign in my front window because they just won't quit.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In my dealings with the "born again", I have come the conclusion the the buisness moto is "screw everyone who has not been born again".

Reply to
geraldrmiller