hiring someone to sell equipment

wrote:

In my dealings with the "born again", I have come the conclusion the the buisness moto is "screw everyone who has not been born again".
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 20:47:47 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote:

I didn't screw you on the stainless deck, did i?? Have you put it to use yet?
There are those "eternal security" types that live by "love god and do as you please" - they give us all a bad name.
On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 21:28:06 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The faux-conservative identity politics is getting a little nausiating in this thread. I thought this group was unquestioningly pro-Christian and too grown up to be bashing fish-Christians and Canadians with a broad brush. They're certainly too old for it, anyway.
It's enough to make me give up my Republican registration, even though they make better gin Martinis than the Democrats.
Maybe after their next election party. One more Martini for the road...
--
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 21:28:06 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Screwed? Most definitly not! then again, you keep private matters somewhat private.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
On 01/01/16 21:46, Larry Jaques wrote:

I got screwed by a guy a I considered a mate, he and his dad claimed a piece of mechanical design I did as their own and took it to market, a good seller too so they or at least the son has made loads from it. Both professed to be practising Christians and displayed that fish sign. I'm somewhat more wary these days.

I saw one company recently, they have huge lathes and horizontal boring mills. He does repair work for huge crank shaft driven presses and makes replacement crankshafts. His raw material forgings weigh about 20 tons. He machines them into crankshafts. He also told me something almost unbelievable, that the forgings are X rayed! I did not know that you could X ray a 3 foot diameter chunk of steel. The guy is smart, very cheap, somewhat messy, does not even have any oil-dri, just lets the concrete absorb everything. His words not mine.

Do you really think that we must have people putting patties on buns and taking orders? Come on
Ignoramus24995 wrote:

Food vending machines and help yourself smorgasbords and buffets have been around a lot longer than robots. If a restaurant gets rid of food servers it won't be with robots. A robot that performed all the tasks of an $8/hr fast food worker is going to cost a whole lot more than a robot to replace a $50/hr assembly line worker that is performing some repetitive task like welding a particular seam on an automobile body.
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 07:54:36 -0600, Ignoramus24995

Nope, we don't need them. But I think we'll be keeping them for a *very* long time.
Your talking about changing a financial structure to include a lot of up-front capital. Figure the life cycle cost on a $50,000 six-axis robot with a lifetime of 8 years, including maintenance and programming; staging for a continuously-changing menu of products; linear transport of components to the robot; etc., etc.
Then figure out how long it will take to get people used to the idea. This isn't painting their cars. This is making their food.
The robots that could do that kind of work have been around for over 20 years. Now think about why they aren't assembling burgers right now.
--
Ed Huntress

How much is the labor cost, in terms of percentage of the burger price?
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:21:43 -0600, Ignoramus24995

Deloitte says the average total labor cost for fast-food restaurants is 30% - 35% of gross sales. That includes prep cooks (which the robot would replace); grill cooks (unknown if robots would be involved); counter help; and managers.
A much more likely replacement -- one that is followed by a couple of franchise operations here -- is replacing most of the counter help with touch-screen ordering.
--
Ed Huntress

Not jusdging from the last 10 or 15. You have to understand the "mennonite mafia" running these shops.
buy from a jew, sell to a scottsman, and make a profit

I thought the figure was 90%. http://tinyurl.com/nonqaov Forbes agrees. http://tinyurl.com/mrtjdss 400k new biz/470k dying each year http://tinyurl.com/zwdoosq long term unemployment down to 32%
Wish I had Ig's glasses.
--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I could never get that much for any Bridgeport

You might contact ABANA (http://www.anbana.org ) or your local ABANA chapter or other blacksmithing group. A number of smiths still like to run their old mechanical power hammers (and sometimes other gear) from line shafts.
Doubtless not a big sales-price potential but you might find some people who would happily come and take away lineshafts, pulleys and belting at no cost to you or for a modest price.
I would do so were I within 100 miles or so but I'm very far away, as you can see from the .sig. I run a 24" bandsaw and my 25# Jardine from overhead shaft, did same with a 100# Palmer Power Spring Hammer before I swapped it away.
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

OK, great.

Are you sure of this? I was able to sell flat belt pullies (40" in diameter) for a pretty nice price.
On 12/27/2015 11:12 PM, Ignoramus3023 wrote:

I don't know if any are that big. I do have a step pully, I bet that's odd.
On 12/25/2015 1:12 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

The deal with auctions for larger stuff is twofold -- firstly, you need to be in an area of enough large enough population so there's similar activity to create at least _some_ demand or both the turnout and bidding will be minimal irregardless of the actual quality of the auctioneer himself. He can only expedite the sale, he can't create bids from nothing.
Second is as somebody else noted, if it's heavy stuff and remote and you can't load, or at least assist, it'll drive willingness to part with cash for the item way, way down in order to make up for the expense/trouble of getting it to its new home.
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 12:07:24 -0600, Ignoramus7100

You certainly can. I've seen whole towns and girls' -virginity- sold on eBay, for a taste of the gamut. <g>

That's probably not a bad idea. Auctioneers can jack up the action so idiots are bidding against each other enough to pay for the auction fees, and get him a better price than a "help me out" ad.

Yeah, unless the stuff is handicrafts and you're asking $5 a pop.

Gawd, scrap iron is back down to $15/T? It's hardly worth the gas. https://rockawayrecycling.com/scrap-metal-prices/
But when will stick iron come back down to realistic prices? Crom, they wanted almost $30 for a stick of 1"x1/8 angle or 5/8" square the last time I checked. UFR!
--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Even if not, auctioneers will help get a more or less fair price where a reseller can buy and still make some money resellin on ebay.

It is worth about 50-60/ton in chicago in a semi truck quantity.