Time To Sell The Taig

I haven't decided how much yet, but I have decided its time to sell the Taig. I'll probably sell the little MaxNC too. I haven't decided what I am going to replace them with, but I have decided its time for a better quality small machine. I still need a few things for the Hurco, so I figured I'ld use the money to get those and get it going, then decide what I want to do for a smaller high speed spindle machine. An adaptation on the Hurco or another machine. Have not decided yet.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

taig mill or lathe? what sucks about their stuff other than the large motors that look like they want to snap off the two screws that hold them on?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Say, where did you end up on the high speed spindle project on the Hurco? I haven't followed RCM 100% so I apologize if you already covered this.

Karl

Reply to
karltownsend.NOT

I haven't done anything. There is a guy in Florida with a used Yuasa speeder at a fair price (with collets) I have looked at, but I think I am probably going to make something like this instead using a Chinese motor and VFD.

Except that I would go with smaller bearing on the spindle side and and get the speed up around 30000. Instead of reducing speed with it like Martin did with his.

Reply to
Bob La Londe