Home made 2x72 belt grinder sander

Pics & related @

Works like a champ, you can use both the platen and contact wheel w/o swapping anything, belt tension and tracking are adjustable.

HF buffer: $50 (or 0 if you have a sufficiently power grinder/buffer already) , assorted HW: $60 (less if you got a junk yard nearby and/or some alum/HRS in junk box).

Please note that first few pics I didn't rotate as I should've - so use your favorite viewer to do that: 90 CW. Or tilt your head.

Reply to
rashid111

Nice. Did you have to do any work on the large caster to true it up/.balance it ?

Reply to
Art