Homemade artillery gun confiscated from a Khabarovsk car mechanic

This cannon shoots beer cans. The cannon bore looks thick enough, so, I would guess, it was not using gunpowder as propellant.

Ignoramus17662

Sorry, I meant, thin

Reply to
Ignoramus17662

"Ignoramus17662" wrote in message news:YaCdnQ-lWcintNvQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I:

The thought of being in the vicinity of an iced can of beer shot 200 meters from that might be a good incentive to give up drinking.

It was last week IIRC ,that American border people caught some smugglers on the Mexican line with a catapult for marijuana.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I wonder if catapulting marijuana qualifies as armed hostilities.

Ignoramus17662

I:

I'm thinking, at least in California, it might be termed foreign aid-- or relief supplies for all those holders of medical marijuana cards.

But, kick me, that bore size can't have anything to do with the diameter of a Russian pivo can? Maybe the FSB got involved because the sabotnik was planning to sidetrack troops with a beer can barrage?

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Even worse, the FDA wants to regulate it as a drug delivery system...

Or perhaps ICE could take the idea and use it to deport illegal alien drug dealers. Adios amigo...

Reply to
RS at work

No - more like "friendly fire"... :)

Reply to
CaveLamb

I think it's just a drug lobby. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The left-hand topics column is almost all English words. Is that a recent trend?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

They could probably use that for arrest purposes (He used a catapult at us! or armed drug-running) but not for diplomatic purposes (We hope, anyway!) I really wish for more utility out of our border patrol and police units, though.

-- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Classic splinter shield. Got to love 'em.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I think tat he wanted it to look like this:

Ignoramus4844

Damn, Ig, just how big ARE Russian beer cans?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I believe that was a trebuchet. Big difference. I've seen videos of trebuchets throwing a car a frightening distance.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. Download the book.

Steve B

it was a catapult.

Reply to
chaniarts

Not completely recent, maybe 10 year old.

Ignoramus4844

A pneumatic cannon would be better for delivering packages with marijuana.

Takes less room, quieter, etc.

The container may be made from pipe.

Ignoramus4844

Looks big enough for Foster's cans. Could be second-cousin to a spud gun, using air-fuel, can't really tell with that pic. For those that can puzzle out the translation,

will give you a rough idea, stuff in the original URL. I've seen(and made) beer can mortars, nothing like that, though. The contents are drained and replaced with concrete, not made into ice.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Not quieter than a trebuchet!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Catapults only make noise when the arm hits the bumper. In jr high school I made low-profile pocket-sized ones with string for the stops for my friends (the presumedly respectable class officers) so we could secretly instigate food fights between other tables at lunch without raising our arms. No one ever caught on, though from the stairs you could see a ring of thicker 'texture' (whipped cream) on the ceiling tiles around our central table.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins