Homier visit in central NC

MONDAY & TUESDAY OCTOBER 4 & 5 BIG BARN CONVENTION CENTER

388 JA-MAX DRIVE * IN DANIEL BOONE VILLAGE HILLSBOROUGH, NC MONDAY: 10 AM - 8 PM TUESDAY: 10 AM - 6 PM
Reply to
CusMarsh

In 2 (possibly 3) shows I haven't been too impressed with the quality of their goods. I looked at a lot of woodworking tools at the first one years ago and walked away with nada. The last one I found their service lacking when trying to purchase a mill. Also, they may be out of many items depending on where they are in the 'tour'. I've had cheap HarborFreight bar clamps slip, but they're in town and easily exchanged. Something to watch out for.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

They'll also be in Monroe, NC on the same days!

2 DAYS ONLY! MONDAY & TUESDAY OCTOBER 4 & 5 UNION COUNTY SHRINE CLUB 305 EAST PHIFER STREET * IN THE SHRINE CLUB BEHIND SHONEY'S MONROE, NC MONDAY: 10 AM - 8 PM TUESDAY: 10 AM - 6 PM

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

||In 2 (possibly 3) shows I haven't been too impressed with the quality of ||their goods. I looked at a lot of woodworking tools at the first one years ||ago and walked away with nada. The last one I found their service lacking ||when trying to purchase a mill. Also, they may be out of many items ||depending on where they are in the 'tour'. I've had cheap HarborFreight bar ||clamps slip, but they're in town and easily exchanged. Something to watch ||out for.

That's all true. But in comparing and researching the mini-lathes, mini-mills, and mill-drills, they are $100 less on the first 2, and $200 less on the mill-drill, than any other vendor. The tent sales save you freight, but you pay sales tax. And they are essentially the same "kits" from the same plant. I went to one. Pretty disorganized, out of several things (afternoon 2nd day). I bought a racing jack for $80 and a trailer tongue dolly for $20. But yes, you may have to homestead a crated machine tool until you can find someone to help you buy and load it. And if you have an aversion to Chinese merchandise, this isn't for you. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Homier had a show near me last winter and I bought a number of items. They had a lot of larger tools ( mini-mills, small lathes, engine hoists, band saws and numerous other larger items. They had another show near me about a month ago and they never had any large or heavy items at all. I asked about the 12" lathes and such and they told me they have quit having that kind of stuff at their shows. They said that their shows now consist of fast selling stuff that fits into one truck so that they can be set up and tore down much more quickly and have more shows going on at the same time. Dick

Reply to
rhncue

|| Homier had a show near me last winter and I bought a number of items. ||They had a lot of larger tools ( mini-mills, small lathes, engine hoists, ||band saws and numerous other larger items. They had another show near me ||about a month ago and they never had any large or heavy items at all. I ||asked about the 12" lathes and such and they told me they have quit having ||that kind of stuff at their shows. They said that their shows now consist of ||fast selling stuff that fits into one truck so that they can be set up and ||tore down much more quickly and have more shows going on at the same time. || Dick

Heck, they had mills and tractors at the one I went to last Spring. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

gypsies selling chinese crap

I was especially amused by the compact tractors they were selling who helps you out getting parts for these gems?

Reply to
Jon Grimm

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:24:47 GMT, "Jon Grimm" wrote: ||I was especially amused by the compact tractors they were selling ||who helps you out getting parts for these gems?

there are several websites that sell parts for them. Homier has one just for their tractors. Apparently the tractors are just like the machine tools - One plant makes them all for various labels.

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B