How much extra HP from burning nitro?

I don't think we've heard the last of the World Record Ninja, though.

Hmmm...try this: It wasn't actually done on the road, it was OVER the road. He was shot out of a drain culvert with a bucket of Pyrodex, using a buffalo robe for wadding.

They call it "being buffaloed."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

120 is within range, but you may not have seen his occassional discussions of technical subjects. He can deal with abstract ideas and complex relationships quite well. That's why I say 130. Much of his political discussion is shooting for effect, not what he really understands. Talking with him over a decade has made that clear.

But my estimates, while typically in the ballpark, are not that precise.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

This could be fun to build...add some lighting....

  1. Lie
Gunner

I had it tested in about 1976. "They" claimed it was 150ish. One of the reasons the CLEATUS program paid my way to the cop academy.

Which just goes to show I was smart enough to get out of the cop business while I still had the chance..or their tests were wrong.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

23 Dollar pit? Tell us!!

  1. Lie
Gunner

Reply to
Spam?uster

Reply to
Spam?uster

, but his performance here doesn't match

I have taken more than one IQ test and the scores are not super consistent. Some tests are truncated so the score just means that your IQ is at least so much.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I'm a little skeptical of them myself. I had a Stanford-Binet test in

5th grade and a Wechsler Adult test as a college sophomore. I scored four points higher on the Wechsler test, but Wechsler scores are supposed to be *lower* than Stanford-Binet.

Then I had Mensa evaluate my SATs and calculate their IQ equivalent. That was eight points higher than the S-B, so I toss that one away.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The goal here was to maintain a self-correcting, straight-up trajectory, not to hit a target located some distance away...

--with the proper amount of weight attached to the end of the stick, they would quickly arc in an upwards direction and assume a purely vertical climb even if launched horizontally.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

23 $ pit is a cave in North West Alabama that was found by Bill Torode. Bill gave it that name because he lost $23 somewhere in the cave on one of the first trips. It is called a pit because that is what it is. It is a large sink hole maybe 150 feet across and an eighty foot drop to the floor of the pit. So you start out repelling down 80 feet, but then you move off to the right and go down another 20 foot drop using the same rope. And then you move off into the cave.

As I remember the story , when Bill first found the pit , there was no rope available. So no exploration was done. But of course they came back another day with rope. And explored the cave. Well not all of it. The upper section is not real large, but not too far from the entrance was another pit, about 60 feet. And so that trip only explored the upper level. But cavers are persistent. And they came back on another trip with more rope. But not enough. As there was yet another pit. This one about 160 feet. And so they had to come back again. And I was in the group that finally got to the bottom of the cave. We carried lots of rope and used most of it. We left early to get to the cave and stayed late. As I remember we were in the cave about 13 hours and repelled down over 400 feet. Actually repelling down is easy. It is the climbing up that is hard. I was using Asender knots and the rope at the 160 foot pit was a bit dirty with clay . I got about 90 feet up and couldn't go any higher. I would slide down about as fast as I could climb up. Bill tied his Jumars to the bottom of the rope and I pulled them up and changed to the Jumars. He let me use them on the remaining climbs. I am not sure if it was because he thought I needed the assurance of using Jumars or that he just wanted me to climb faster.

So I am one of the few, possibly only caver, that has done over 400 feet of vertical caving in Alabama without doing pit in Fern Cave.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Reply to
Spam?uster

-My pal Steve has an IQ of 289 and his Chev Eldorado with a fifth wheel

-trailer can go over 300mph on nitro and his buddy killed five guys

-with one punch last night and and

You dishonor the great Persian intellectual whose name you misappropriate.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

A favourite rhyme about intelligence:

There was an owl sat on an oak, The more he saw the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard; now wasn't that a wise old bird!

Reply to
Avicenna

Okay: "My pal Kabir has a horse that can hit 60mph on bran and molasses; his buddy Kamal slew three hundred Macedonians with one scimitar stroke." AND he's very very intelligent too, telling me about it in modern English.

Cheers ;-).

Reply to
Avicenna

Cool!!

Is there a known bottom to the beasty?

  1. Lie
Gunner

Yes. We got to the bottom and mapped all the passages.

Now it up to the readers to figure out how much of the story is true and what parts are false. I will wait for the results before posting about " Dan's Crawl Cave ". This time there is only Bill and Dan involved.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

That must be in some sort of dog whistle way. He struggles with basic electrical concepts, but brags on having an electronics shop. He lives like a pig wholly dependent on others paying to keep him alive, but brags on his independence. His history with woman is pathetic but he brags of sexual prowess and conquest. He gets caught lying about having a 165 IQ, and brags that it's 150, right below his own quoted lie. The pattern is obvious, and it isn't the behavior of anyone with above average intelligence.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

How low does it have to be to come up with a new, lower number, when your previous number of 165 is clearly quoted above your latest lie.

"Pseudologues have dynamic approach to their lies, they are likely to change the story if confronted or faced with disbelief, they have excessive anxiety of being caught and they desperately try to modify their story to something that would seem plausible to create or preserve a sense of self that is something they wish they were or at least something better than they fear others would find out they are. Read more

"

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost