How the &^%&*&(* is it possible to-

The above is a pic of the hinge piece on the movable part of a translucent RV vent.

Got an new identical cover, and tried to replace it.

I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get this on.

If I hold it vertically, to clear the vent housing, the hinge piece is rotated too far to slide on.

When the hinge is held so as to be able to slide on, it hits the vent housing.

???

thanks

gary

Reply to
gary556

Did you bend the outer "locking" tabs out of the way? I just replaced 3 of them on my brother-in-laws motorhome and they went on without incident. There are at least 3 different hinge styles though:

Ventline, Jensen, Elixir are all different:

David Courtney

Didn't realize there were locking tabs. Bent those out and all was well.

thanks

gary

though:

gary556