Huh?

Wow. Just heard an ad on the radio where at the end, they speak like a tweaker who's fibrillating.

On tv, they list the side effects of the medicine like that ........... spontaneous brain explosions, projectile diarrhea, major acne, etc, etc, etc.

Two questions: how can anyone hear, grasp, understand and retain any of that. Second, with the medicine, some of the side effects are FATAL. Why would anyone want to take that shit?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

For a really funny take on this whole mess, check out:

Warning! Put your coffee down before reading.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Because they were told to.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

My wife, a native Aussie and the equivalent of an RN, was aghast at the rampant advertising of medications here, as well as the listing of side effects that have the potential to be worse than the problem they supposedly treat.

BTW, I was rather surprised at some of the meds available over the counter there, pain relievers with codeine, and muscle relaxants. Have to ask the pharmacist, but no prescription needed for some fairly potent stuff. I tweaked my back a bit last time I was there. We just walked down the street to the chemist and bought some muscle relaxers than worked better than anything I've gotten here on prescription. Did the job without making me feel loopy. Good stuff Maynard!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Another good one...

Ned Simmons

They don't understand it. The drug sales departments just hope that the consumer hears the great news at the beginning of the commercial and when they visit a doctor the mention the product. Same as any other ad campaign. Take a look at most of the ads you see for enlargement, skin care, and just about any other medical related item on the tube. Well over half have NEVER BEEN TESTED!

Reply to
Steve W.

Put some libretardians in charge. They want to put an end to the FDA, which will solve the testing problem in its entirety.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress