Hydraulic valve question

I own a 16 hp Yanmar tractor with a Great Bend loader. The control valve is shot. GB has no parts reference. I found this on line. What do you experts think? Would this be a suitable valve? I do not think the original has 'float' or 'load checks' but I am not even sure what those terms mean.

Al

Can't answer your question, but you might want to also check out

they have a lot of hydraulic items. Lane

Reply to
Lane

Not knowing the specs on the original it's hard to say. However I think it would be perfect for that application. My bet would be you've got a open centered system (most common on small setups) and if so this will work perfectly. If you happen to not have a open centered system this valve can be converted to closed centered of power beyond with changing a plug so it'll pretty much cover any application that produces less than 5 gpm flow.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Reply to
Ralph Henrichs

The valve will work fine but shop around . I think you can beat that price easy . Luck Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

Any suggestion as to where to shop. I find nothing similar at Northern and have looked all over the 'Web'. Locals are ridiculous.

Reply to
Al

What exactly do you mean by "shot"? You may get a long way just disassembling it and cleaning out junk, replacing o-rings etc.

Reply to
Bob Powell

I live in Canada so not sure I can be much help . Here I would pop in to Princess Auto which I think is about the same as Northern Hydraulics in the US . I am sure they have lots of valves that will work . A phone call to them would be my suggestion . Maybe someone closer to you will chime in here ? What you are looking for is about as common a valve as you can get . Should be tons of choices near you . Luck Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

By 'shot' I mean serious bypassing (bucket drops) and external leaking. I assume I can fix the external leaking but I feel the bypassing is caused by wear. I can actually feel side play in the spool. Also when I put it in the down direction it locks and does not return to center. (can be exciting)

No junk in the valve. Local shop without looking at it sez rebuild it for $150. Seems high for 4 o-rings.

There are two shown in the Northern catalog but the one at the Surplus center seems to be a closer match.

Reply to
Al