I brought home another toy today

I picked up a FREE 60 gal, 2.3 HP 240 Volt Husky air compressor. It's only a couple years old, but the business no longer needed it. the building they just bought has two large three phase compressors that look to be 5 HP or larger. They are going to sell a similar Campbell Hausfeld unit and they have a three phase compressor that needs rebuilt, they are going to give away or scrap.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I used to like Husky tools. Until I bought a power washer that died after three uses, and no returns. So, in my opinion, Husky is shit. Although free makes it slightly more palatable.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

They are made by Campbell Hausfeld and private branded for Home Depot.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I bought a C-H pressure washer, years ago. Plastic pump housing, which cracked during use. Left me without a washer. I decided not to buy a plastic pump if possible. Home Depot had one, Powermate brand, which had metal housing. That has worked well, for me.

Two 750 watt power inverters, Huskey and Vector, both from ebay. One died. Went and looked. It was the Husky which died. I guess that's a couple more votes to avoid those brands.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sigh. What pathetic logic. It says nothing about the quality, or how you (ab)used them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And their warranty and customer support SUCKS.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

And you , being the omnipotent being you are can make judgments on such things?

I wish he had read my post back when my Husky took a shit and not bought one. Now I hope that two posts here that Husky is shit will sway someone away from their power washers. All, that is, except the omnipotent.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe they just don't want to put up with someone like YOU?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Two failures is too small of a sample for proper statistical analyses, no matter how tight your panties are bunched. This compressor was used daily, five days a week for two years in a manufacturing environment where both metalworking and assembly of vinyl canopies were done. With out it or the matching Campbell Hausfeld, there would have been no shipments.

Keep bitching about things you don't understand.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How about this, Michael? You just keep bitching about how much smarter you are than all of the rest of us, and I'll keep on ignoring you. Will that work for you? Works for me. Soon, you will find yourself among a group who thinks you are the smartest person on the planet. You will know that time when you are standing in the dark all alone.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Bitch all you want. PLONK.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net...

[dodging the flying bio-emissions]

I also have a 60 gallon Husky, bought cheap minus the compressor head after it fell over somewhere. I put a Kellogg-American on it. Out of curiosity I asked the Home Depot service desk about parts and was told they couldn't get anything at all for it, in fact the store displays had been stripped of small parts by angry customers.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

[dodging the flying bio-emissions]

I also have a 60 gallon Husky, bought cheap minus the compressor head after it fell over somewhere. I put a Kellogg-American on it. Out of curiosity I asked the Home Depot service desk about parts and was told they couldn't get anything at all for it, in fact the store displays had been stripped of small parts by angry customers.

jsw

There is a latin phrase that literally means "the facts speak for themselves" something ipso something loquitor ..........

I would not buy a Husky #2 Phillips replacement bit.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net...

You can buy some of them from Campbell Hausfeld. A lot of the parts are industry standard but some people are too lazy to look for replacements, so they steal parts from a store. The OEM compressor head is rated for 5,000 hours of service. The only problem my friends had out of either was a worn out pressure switch, which isn't made by Campbell Hausfeld. For my needs, it should last me a LONG time. :) I have four Ac powered compressors, and two 12 volt compressors. One of the AC compressors needs rebuilt, but it was another freebie. It only has a 10 to 15 gallon tank, so I haven't even looked at it. My dad has a Craftsman direct drive that appears to have a sheared drive pin. The motor runs, but the compressor doesn't. I have to pick it up next week and see if it's worth fixing. I don't like direct drive compressors, but I have two small units. One is oilless, and is only used to clean the dust out of computers & printers. I'll have to put a filter & water trap on the Husky, to use it for painting my projects.

The Campbell Hausfeld website,

has manuals and parts lists for a lot of older models, and they sell the parts online, or through local service centers. There are three, within 10 miles of me.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Curiosity, not necessity. It has a new pressure switch from Northern on it.

I've found that people who want to learn to build and repair equipment aren't aware of the suppliers, even the ones who have local outlets, so I give them my old Northern, Bailey, Parker, Fastenal et al catalogs.

How did you learn about MSC, Grainger, McMaster-Carr?

Google's results for "end mill":

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Working in manufacturing. We used them, plus dozens of other suppliers for parts to keep our plant running. The ME office had about

30 feet of shelves full of current catalogs. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to inventory all the suppliers when they decided to close the plant. i wasn't allowed to take any of the catalogs, but they all went into a construction dumpster. :(

I have local Northern, Grainger and three Fastenal stores. I deal with all three companies.

One of our suppliers was Accurate Screw Machine, who made hardware for electronics.

20,000,000 hits. :)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think I remember a HD clerk (at the Natick, MA store) telling me about parts problems as well.

I must say that I would expect the seller, HD in this case, to stand behind what they sell. The average buyer should not have to know that CH even exists.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

They stood behind my power washer. They stood right there and said, "Tuff shit."

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Now look for the big industrial suppliers. MSC for instance is over 70 down.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

It's #49 if you put "end mill" in quotes, and there are only 399,000 hits.

That puts it in the top 0.0001228% ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell