Richard J Kinch

Overpriced epoxy with metal filler? Or was that Devon Liquid Metal?

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I really wish I could. It's hardened, not easily fixturable, and I don't have any carbide tipped or solid carbide drill bits down to that size (I would need about a 3/16" or so).

ww88

Reply to
woodworker88

Yeah. I found some generic cold-weld compound in the cabinet. However, I finished the first one today and, with the bore slightly undersized (ie a mild press fit onto the gear) it seems to be working pretty well, even without the JB Weld. I've been using a slide hammer to get it off and on during the test fitting. I'll post a picture (compressed!) once I'm done.

Thanks for all the suggesti> woodworker88 writes:

Reply to
woodworker88

Please. This is a metalworking newsgroup. I for one would insist on language such as "to weld" as having a specific technical meaning which ought not to be corrupted for falsified marketing claims.

These phony product names should be treated typographically as cuss words, that is, write it as "JB W***" or "cold-w***".

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Cold fusion!

duck & run Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Reply to
woodworker88

I had a similar problem last year. Made a coupler from a piece of round rod, drilled one end to fit the shaft I needed to connect to, and the gear end to match the OD of the gear. Split the coupler and clamped it down tight. It's been awhile, but it was something like that. Mounted the whole thing to a plate, with a slight cutout to clear the boss around the gear.

Reply to
Carl McIver