If anyone needs a 1J Bridgeport head

Sounds like time to take pictures.

Igor

Reply to
Ignoramus22870

$150!! Holy cow! I paid something like $750 for one that had the quill rusted in place. I had to pound it out with a sledge hammer and wood blocks. That is quite a good deal. (I may have been suckered, on the other hand, but have CERTAINLY got my money's worth out of it so far!)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I don't think this is going to work! The 1J is a BIG head. I retrofitted a 1J onto a round-ram Bridgeport that originally had an M head on it. It sticks out farther from the machine base due to the extra adaptor plate, so the spindle is about 6" forward from the adaptor plate surface. With the quill all the way retracted, the spindle nose is 8" below the centerline of the swivel on the rear of the main head housing.

If the machine is truly 1/3 rd the size of a Bridgeport, there's no WAY this is going to fit.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Notice a pattern here, great deals occur often on things that you do not need right now.

Ignoramus22870

Please send them to me.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

That's what I figured, but I was unable to find a pic of the 1J head that would give me an idea of the size.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Tried to reply to your direct email at algebra.com, but it bounced. Will have to pass for sure. I screwed around all summer and didn't get my AC fixed, as I never use it around town. But it's vital for dehumidifying air in the rainy season, which finally arrived. That's going to cost me to get it fixed.

Shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Squirrel These animated kiddy shows are getting better.

Oh no, now if I'm counting right it's up to Pete and if he drops the ball...

Sorry to hear that, I have AC in both vehicles and never use either one above the 45th Parallel, heat is the only thing that works to keep the windows clear, sure you can blast the AC , but ya can never stop and shake from the jitters.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Put me in the "Interested" queue. Send pics please.

Reply to
RBnDFW

I have a tentative agreement with a local gentleman, who would do some lathe work for me (lubricating everything, painting the back of the lathe etc) in exchange for the head. I will definitely let you know if this does not work out.

Ignoramus12203

Good enough, thanks

Reply to
RBnDFW