In need of some basic help - turret lathe

Hi All

I've just started a new job, involving turret lathes - machines I have never come across before. I've been able to follow most of the procedures I need to follow, but the (manual) operation of the turret

- when center-drilling a new stock bar on the ER-60 for instance - is beyond me. I can't understand the turret movements I need to use, and I'm totally lost as to where/ when I need to use the "half index" positions.

I'm really hoping that someone might be able to point me towards an instructional site (the more pics/ animations the better :-)) so that I might get a feel for what I'm supposed to be doing.

much appreciated Brian

Reply to
usspskghws

You might try here:

'm begining to think this group may only be interested in home machine shop topics and this topic may stray over the boundery (?).

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

You might try here:

'm begining to think this group may only be interested in home machine shop topics and this topic may stray over the boundery (?).

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

You might try here:

'm begining to think this group may only be interested in home machine shop topics and this topic may stray over the boundery (?).

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

You might try here:

'm beginning to think this group may only be interested in home machine shop topics and this topic may stray over the boundary.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Thank you Dennis. I'll try that forum.

Brian

Reply to
usspskghws

Hi Brian,

I work for SmartFlix.com and we have a very large selection of instructional metalworking DVDs. I'm confident that we have something for you that could make you more comfortable using the machines at your new job. Take a look here:

Good luck, and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about the website. Hope we can help you.

Kate

Reply to
kate at smartflix