Index brand mill

Any thoughts out there on Index brand mills from the 1960's?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ron Moore

I have an old Index...

Works ok fine. Used, but at the price I got it, it beats the heck out of not having one, and it's done lots of good work so far that couldn't be done otherwise.

My neighbor has a nicer, bit newer (more like a bridgport) Index, which is a darn nice machine.

B&S - not too difficult to find at all.

If you really want to, you can have the spindle reground for R-8 I understand.

_-_-bear

Reply to
BEAR

Plus, they will regrind the spindle to R8 if you send it to them and pay $200.

Their website:

Todd Rich

Reply to
James