Indexing/Dividing Heads

I just opened 'OPTIONS' on Google Groups and changed the font to 'Fixed'. Now this looks right:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And -- you are stuck with a new service which won't allow you to use a fixed pitch font to view news, so you can expect distortion of ASCII graphics. (Even if someone posts ASCII graphics in a proportional space font -- the spacing varies between different fonts, and even within the same font on different systems, so there *will* be distortion.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:35:24 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7 wrote the following:

Unfortunately, Google Groups doesn't do anything right, including newsgroup searches. I sure miss DejaNews. GG is Google's biggest gaffe, next to the real estate hog, Google Toolbar.

Darren, if you set a -real- newsreader to a monotype font, such as courier, it shows ASCII just fine.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7 wrote the following:

And I get the Forte APN news servers at $2.95/mo. I tried the free Tera News servers and they were too busy to handle me at least a third of the time. I'm using Agent 5 now, having started over a decade ago with 0.9.

And ya don't get nuttin for it, neither, pard. That's costly. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually I did what Jim said.

I had not noticed "options" at the top before.

I clicked "Fixed font" and now the ASCII shows up the way it is supposed to. He-he.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7