Industrial steam cleaning?

I have a few things (two compressors) that I would like to steam clean or something. They are seriously dirty. (and when I say that, take me at my word). Are there industrial services like this where I can take them for cleaning. I may be able to jerry rig something on my own, but it would be an environmental violation of some sort I am sure.

Reply to
Ignoramus30233

for engine cleaning. You could probably take your own spray degreaser or spray the work down with it beforehand. If you are not used to pressure washing, be careful of the backsplash as there will likely be some surfaces that direct it right back in your face.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Second on the car wash. They also have waste water collection / filtration with the expectation of grease, oil and all manner of contaminants. Load the compressors on your trailer, spray them with "purple" degreaser and then drive to the self serve car wash to pressure wash them. Wear an old raincoat and chemical splash goggles.

Reply to
Pete C.

Exactly. I get the purple engine degreaser by the gallon and squirt on straight. let soak, repeat. Then hit it with a hot pressure washer. Totally amazing what you can clean. I did this to several machines out of a CNC shop where they used oil for coolant. They were a total pit. These took several shots but the machines looked like new.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Yup, just look in the yellow pages for steam cleaners. Some are mobile.

Reply to
Calif Bill

When i bring home equipment, cars, etc, i usually bring a hudson sprayer with 100% simple green or Castrol purple, and some brushes, a face shield, gloves, and a vinyl apron, then stop at a car wash. The further from home the better, it dries faster at speed.

Reply to
Stupendous Man