Interesting machine

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Snyder-Machine/
"6 station milling machine" with total of 280 HP, not counting two
hydraulic power units.
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:10:32 -0500, Ignoramus13603

And you bought it to make Russian Field Jacket buttons, da? ;)
--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Oh, jeez. I hope you're not planning to buy it. That's the kind of machine you used to see in the automobile industry -- 40 years ago. <g>
--
Ed Huntress

I already bought it. I hope that it weighs 50 tons.
Ignoramus13603 wrote:

Yikes, that will take a week or two to dismantle and truck. I know you have a big building, but can you even fit all that in with the other stuff you have?

That one goes straight to a scrap yard. I may save a few bits and pieces, though.
Ignoramus13603 wrote:

I would think the motors and hydraulic power units would be more valuable as-is than as-scrap.

I agree with you, especially about the motors. The power units, I am not so sure, although I would hate to scrap them. The motors are great, there is a lot of multiples on them. Good for phase converters or whatever.
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:10:49 -0500, Ignoramus13603

For scrap, I assume?
--
Ed Huntress

Yes, definitely. A few useful things can be saved from it, but it is a patently useless machine that no one can figure out, anyway. I hope that it weighs 50 tons. I did see it.
Ignoramus13603 wrote:

Well, it should have LOTS of useful parts in it. Lots of hydraulic valves, maybe even some Moog proportional servo valves.
Jon

Yes, here are the categories of things that I thought about
0) Steel 1) Electric motors 2) Copper wire 3) [possibly] hydraulic units, they look nice. 4) Hydraulic valves 5) Servo motors 6) Servo control by A-B 7) Hydraulic oil, I have someone who buys oil from me 8) Electrical controls

He's probably going to kill somebody one of these days soon; he's got zero formal training and most of his "rigging" is junk that someone else has discarded for safety issues.
IIRC, he's already come close at least once, while disassembling an overhead crane.
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

You recall incorrectly. He witnessed some hacks nearly get killed disassembling an overhead crane, he had nothing to do with it.

You are correct. Someone else was doing the dismantling. Those people are scrap metal gypsies (Romani).
I never buy overhead cranes, as a matter of fact, due to safety concerns. Too heavy and too high for me to deal with. You need two big telehandlers to remove them safely.
So much venom from this "precisionmachinist", all because I killfiled him for off-topic posts. Doubtfully this is a successful , well adjusted individual.

No, you use the crane itself--something you'd know if you had any real rigging experience.

On 3/16/2013 2:31 PM, Ignoramus28030 wrote:

He makes everybody feel better about themselves!

But in one way or another , we all milk RCM for personal gain. If we did not get something from RCM , why would we log on.
Dan

Entertainment, silly goose...

But in one way or another , we all milk RCM for personal gain. ===============================================There are soldiers, and mercenaries. There are swinging doors, and ratchet-and-pawl turnstiles.... There's milking, and chewing off the nipple. Etc.
Ultimately, you are correct in some sense -- most here ARE getting something out of this relatively one-way exchange. But it reminds me of the super-great Yellow Pages ads, years back: You had to guess the subject from the skit, in this case: Oh, enough of me, let's talk about YOU, now, dear: What do YOU think about my latest movie????
Subject: Vanity Cases.....
Look, ig, I'm sure, is a tax-paying patriot, who loves his kids. I'm just sayin we should all get a tip, at Xmas.....
--
EA

If we