Interesting video on hand making knives

Not much detail, but an interesting video feature about making high-end ($2,500) kitchen knives.

Carla

If one person calls you an ass, laugh it off. If a dozen people who seem to be fairly sound thinkers in most other respects call you an ass, get fitted for a saddle. - Ancient Kung Foole Proverb

Reply to
Carla Fong

VERY nice!!

Thanks!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Wow!

The performance test was awesome (slicing the rope, etc). Not just a pretty face.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Have you run across these how-to videos before:

Randy

Reply to
Randy Haas

Damn, I just partially froze a pork loin and in the mean time sharpened my butcher knife on a diamond stone. It wasn't scary sharp but it wasn't boring dull ;) . Slabs of meat are easier to cut up if they are semi frozen imho.

If I ever buy a lotto ticket and win big, I'll buy one of his damascus knives. :) Pork loin look out! His knives are pretty. I wonder if he also has a sharpening service? I'm thinking that most people, including me, can't renew the edge he put on to the same degree of excellence.

WEs

Wes

Hey...thanks!

Bookmarked!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I've rented a few from them & my biggest complaint was/is that the videos were too drawn out. I.e., a little content stretched to fit the target length. For example, there was a gear-cutting video that showed cutting tooth after tooth after tooth, when one or two would have made the point.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt