Is this a WIDE LOAD trailer

I just bought this trailer in an auction. It is a double drop deck and has a hydraulic beavertail.
Pictures are here:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Landoll-Trailer/
My question is, does this trailer look like it is extra wide and needs wide load permit just to move it to my place?
I will honestly admit that I bought it sight unseen.

if you can't get the side racks to either pull in or flip up or come off and sit on the bed, probably. They are normally made so that one oof those can be done so the thing is easier to move empty.
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:10:55 -0500, Ignoramus11660

No, those pictures are well under the road width, Ig. :/ Once you get it, measure it and let us know. In the interim, ask the seller?

Must have been a dead-low price.
-- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. -- Jimi Hendrix
A quick shot with google shows the CALTRANS site says over 8'6" wide requires signage and maybe a pilot car. Probably every state will have their own ideas, I'd check with the local DMV or equivalent. Violations could be spendy.
Stan

Interstate and truck routes nationwide are supposed to allow 8'6" regardless of local road restrictions. Many states only allow 8' on local roads though.

Like my bay boat and trailer. Boy, that's a pain in the ass on a narrow country road. I envision keeping the center console next to me over the center of the lane, then constant mirror checks show if I'm keeping the trailer wheels on pavement or not. Next time I get or build a boat, it's going to be skinny, maybe an Atkin Rescue Minor.
http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Utilities/RescueMinor.html
Pete Keillor

How much was the ticket?
Ignoramus11660 wrote:

Those side rails are supposed to slide in so the trailer is normal width, then you slide them out and toss some lumber on the rails for the wider stuff.
--
Steve W.

I gotta agree with you. THanks a lot.
I think that it is not a Landoll. I think that it is a Trailking Custom HT with slide out outriggers for wide stuff.
Compare:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Landoll-Trailer/ and
http://www.trailking.com/trailers/?trailer_id1

Ignoramus16440 wrote:

Either way you probably won't be able to use it without a portable hydraulic power unit unless your tractor has a wet line system.
--
Steve W.

Yep, this is the gotcha. Either put something together, like a hydraulic power unit, or spend $$$ on a wet kit.
I have a 5HP Honda engine. Also some Sauer Danfoss hydraulic pumps, kind of small though. Some food for thought.
Ignoramus16440 wrote:

The easy way would be to grab a 12 volt power unit and install that on the trailer with a battery. Then all you need is a charging circuit (should already be on the tractor side socket) Just hope that it has manual legs and not hydraulics, otherwise you may not even be able to move it.
--
Steve W.

On 3/22/2012 7:03 PM, Steve W. wrote:

I can see the cylinder and the hoses, but where are the control valves? The legs in front seem to have pins locking them in place. Is this normal? No crank, etc.
Paul

They are hydraulic, I think, a few levers on the front left.

Some guy told me how to do it, he said hook it to the truck, loosen hydraulic lines, and jack up the legs with a jack.
What if the trailer has not passed a recent safety inspection, can I tow it empty for 180 miles to my place? i
Ignoramus16440 wrote:

Yep, There should be a bleeder for that purpose but don't expect to move it easily. Usually you can couple the hydraulics, then with it coupled up actuate the valve for the legs and jack them up. The fluid will just circulate through the system. Then disconnect the lines and the legs will stay up.

You need to get a temporary tag for it. Just like you would for any vehicle. Then you check it over and while the temp tag is good you get it inspected. Tow it without the temp tag and I hope you are REALLY lucky.

--
Steve W.

I just got off the phone with Trailking company.
This is a 1981 trailer.
76,000 lbs gross. 16,000 lbs dry weight 60,000 lbs capacity (27.3 tons) \ i