Jack Suggestions

I need an ATV jack that will be steady, roll good, and not cost a big bundle. They are available at Pep Boys, and lots of auto supply places, but want some input from people who have had them for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
Steve B

Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Pete C.

Do you own one? I had Craftsman suggested to me, then read reviews from people who had them leak after a couple of uses, and jam in the up position. OTOH, I read reviews from people who had one and loved them.

I may just do an Iggy, and make one.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I don't have one, or an ATV to use one on. The point with HF is the quality (and OEM) will be the same as the Craftsman one, at 1/10 the cost. Generally stuff like hydraulic jacks from HF are decent and pretty reliable.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks for your help, Pete. But I would like to hear from people who own them and who have used them enough to state if they are a good jack or a POS. I did go look at the NorthernTools aluminum jack, and like the looks of it. Anyone have a NorthernTools unit?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, perhaps ramps would do what you need a jack for? That's a perfect project to burn some welding rod.

Ignoramus20900

I do like the idea of a ramp, but it takes up space. A light jack can be moved around. Heavy ramps can be moved, abut I gave up heavy lifting a few years ago when they cut my sternum in half.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, I understand that sentiment, but think about it: You probably cannot build a lift nearly as cheaply as Harbor Freight can sell you one. And if the jack fails a year from now, you can replace it with one of better quality (if you can find one) and maybe re-engineer to fit it. Same or less money, less work, and you have a usable lift in an hour.

Reply to
Rex