Jet-16 mill spindle brake?

Hi, I recently purchased a Jet-16, 9x23 mill, 1983 model... there doesn't seem to be a spindle brake. Am I blind? Any nifty ideas for braking if I'm not blind? Changing tools is kind of a major pain...

Reply to
Adam

Hey Adam,

I don't have a Jet mill, but I did add a brake to my B'Port "M" head, that works terrific. I figured a place, and drilled a hole in the bottom of the belt housing "behind" the spindle pulley, put a lever through it, and a 2" long piece of 1/2" piece of V-belt on the end of the lever. It is placed such that it contacts the V-groove on the largest diameter on the step-pulley, and is on the centre-line so it doesn't ever interfere with the drive belt.

If you don't follow what I'm saying, I could make a simple print I guess.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson